New flooring - Help!

siberian_wolf

As most of you know my lovely boys had destroyed the kitchen lino a while ago (Before I joined). If things keep going as they are, we are hoping to be able to put some new flooring down. We have just replaced the living room carpet as they kept catching their claws in the old caprt so have put some new carpet down there so they can't catch their claws.

My problem is the kitchen floor. I don't know if I should get normal lino or should I go upmarket and get proper wooden flooring down?

I think lino as then, if they do chew it up again it's not so much money gone to waste and hopefully I would be able to get the garden re-fenced

Or

I think if I get proper wooden flooring then it would be more hard-wearing and they wouldn't be able to chew it up as easy and it may make the room warmer.

What do you guys think? Lino or Wooden?

Laminate or wooden flooring. If your not after spending a fortune on getting it done and want it to look good then look at the aqualock in B&Q ... I can personally say its good stuff, and as the name suggests, its water resistant which is always a good thing with things like waterbowls, occassional accidents and on top of everything else the amount that things need mopping with huskies being outside and getting muddy

We have tiled flooring and it was the best decision ever! We live in a bungalow and we have carpet down the hall going towards the bedrooms. Lex isn't allowed down there any more as last time he started picking at the carpet trying to rip it up! So I would definitely advise wood or tile flooring and it is so much easier to clean after they have jumped in a pond and come flying in and made everything wet and muddy lol

haha something tells me you're talking from experience lol

hahaha I wonder what makes you say that?? lol Yes he was a very naughty boy so he isn't allowed down the hall anymore we do want something left in the house! lol funnily enough that is the only thing he has tried to chew in the house everything else is fine he destroys everything in the garden but not in the house we have been quite lucky looking at some of the pictures on here and other websites lol