help please !!

furbabys

Bec you can't crate 24/7 and you know that bloody hell maybe find out why she as two entie dogs is it not poss like me she just can't afford it yet or maybe she's waiting till she's older i'm sorry but thats so wrong

I didn't mean crate 24/7. I just meant a crate can be handy for keeping them separated some of the time.

Personally I would never have two entire dogs if I knew I couldn't keep them separated or at least try to when they are on heat, that's just me, obviously some of us have different priorities because I would take having an accidental pregnancy very seriously. I know many breeders and people with entire dogs who work very hard to keep their dogs from mating, no it's not always easy but it part of your responsibilities when you have entire animals.

Anyway I don't want to get in an argument, it's JMO and all I'm saying on the matter.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't mean crate 24/7. I just meant a crate can be handy for keeping them separated some of the time.

Personally I would never have two entire dogs if I knew I couldn't keep them separated or at least try to when they are on heat, that's just me, obviously some of us have different priorities because I would take having an accidental pregnancy very seriously. I know many breeders and people with entire dogs who work very hard to keep their dogs from mating, no it's not always easy but it part of your responsibilities when you have entire animals.

Anyway I don't want to get in an argument, it's JMO and all I'm saying on the matter.

I know where your coming from Bec and I think it might of been my comment about it being "no problem " comment coming from Terry creating is the best and only way to keep them apart and your right Linda you cant keep then locked up 24/7 but you can make it so they are never both out at the same time.

I think the wrost thing you have to put up with at this time is the nosie your going to have to put up with it can be a nightmare sad.gif

no we don't live on a farm and we dont have kennels, we are just very well trainned by our dogs, they all live in doors in a end of terrace house with huge gardens and all of our dogs are crate trainned, we dont leave them in them for long periods of time, we take them into differant rooms for cuddles and let them out into the garden at different times, hardly rocket science,

So NO BULLSHITE smell here Dunc, just think we have been doing it for a long time,

Terry

no we don't live on a farm and we dont have kennels, we are just very well trainned by our dogs, they all live in doors in a end of terrace house with huge gardens and all of our dogs are crate trainned, we dont leave them in them for long periods of time, we take them into differant rooms for cuddles and let them out into the garden at different times, hardly rocket science,

So NO BULLSHITE smell here Dunc, just think we have been doing it for a long time,

Terry

I'll tell you once more it was the comment by you of "No problem" that I find bad Terry you know its not as easy as you are trying to make out it is angry.gif

I for one am sick to death of the almighty WE KNOW BEST attitude thats coming across on this board.........

We train our dogs very well...........

In our experiance over the last god knows how many years we know best..........

FOR THE LAST TIME WILL YOU SO CALLED PROFESIONALS PLEASE BACK OFF.................

Its ok coming on here giving advice but its not so much what you say its the way you say it you might have a great handle of how to train and keep dogs at there best but your tacked on diplomacy is none existant.

Did you every for 1 min ask yourself why you do this ? NO BECAUSE YOU KNOW BEST.

I you want any tips on any of the above ask Mick am sure he could show you the correct way of posting.

zolah our bitch is 19 month and demon our dog is 7 month .were told by vet to let her have a couple of seasons before we had her spayed.

you got a good vet there, mine wanted kira spayed before a season, i just never booked it lol. is this only her 2nd season then?

If you can, try get her spayed asap, that way she cant have the pups if she is up the duff smile.gif

edited to add: i thought that you where saying that your bitch was 7 months, which is what my origain post was based on.

obviously i worded everything wrong and some of you have took it right out of context , i have no problems seperating my dogs , and as paul said vets advice 2 seasons before she is spayed or is that wrong too ???? angry.gif i seem to have caused a riot .. not good ..and thankyou julie for the offer of looking after demon but i know i wont get him back ha ha ha biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

obviously i worded everything wrong and some of you have took it right out of context , i have no problems seperating my dogs , and as paul said vets advice 2 seasons before she is spayed or is that wrong too ???? angry.gif i seem to have caused a riot .. not good ..and thankyou julie for the offer of looking after demon but i know i wont get him back ha ha ha biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Trust me its not you thats caused a riot - some people just like to annoy others for the fun of it!

from what i understand, you shouldn't get them spayed in season, should you??

im not sure, i think its best to spay inbetween but i think if its an accidental pregnacy they can be spayed asap after the season, but im not 100% on that

oh and to clarify another thing i didnt know she had come into season till i had got back this morning sad.gifsad.gif

if she hasnt been showing any signs until this morning its unlikely that they would have mated, as the bitch will often refuse to let the male mount until she is actually ready for him. But you can never be sure lol horny buggers lol

I think what you have to appreciate is what is getting at people on the forum lately. As pointed out by Bec recently, people dont seem to realise you are not on a site where there are people with packs that race and show dogs etc as with the other husky forums. Your average joe with 1 pet maybe 2 is pretty much the profile of our site, what it was built on, and what it will continue to be built on. The member who started this thread asked for advice because the Bitch has come into season and the dog she is aware could potentially mate at the current age.

Comments saying that she shouldnt have 2 in the same house are far from contructive and in no relation to the conversation regardless of what you believe. This wasnt the question that was asked. Kat asked for some help and I personally think that some of you as experienced owners should be ashamed of yourselves for giving your opinions on whether she should have 2 "entire" dogs, rather than just trying to answer Kats question as a more experienced owner.

Terry, if I posted in the same manor as some people on here I constantly disagree with, the first thing I would have written is that I find it wrong that you have 11 dogs in a terrace house as I personally feel that it is unfair to the animals whether an experienced dog handler or otherwise. However this is none of my business, you havent asked for my opinion and therefore I have never given it. I can half imagine the look on your face just by reading that statement, but before replying bare in mind the way you felt in reading it as an experience handler is only half of what someone would be feeling if they genuinly need help.

Bec, I actually thnk you were right to put down the crates as it is good advice, it was just taken a little wrongly thats all :) As you said, cant put them in their 24/7 however they do help enormously. Take for example you cant watch them as you need to use the Loo .... At least then you can crate at least one of them to prevent the problem.

Other than what has already been said Kat, Im not sure what else to suggest, its just something you gotta persevere with and keep a very close eye on until her season has finished.

Please could everyone bare in mind that we are not a forum for critisising others. We are here to help each others become better owners.

no sid -wolf you didnt like i say i will listen to any advice and thankyou biggrin.gif

ah ok good lol, i dont like to make enemys lol or put newbies in the corner lol, its just that people often read things differently to how they where ment lol, and reading my 1st post back i thought it could come across at criticising.

hopefully he wont have got to her, and at least you know shes in season now so you can keep an eye on them. if you are at all worried a trip to the vet's all thats needed and you choices will be to either carry the pregnacy through, get her spayed and abort the pups, or to get the mismate jab, which is like a morning after jab, but i think the time limit is 40 days or something, tho im sure a more experienced member in that field could give you more info on that.