help please !!

furbabys

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All bitches are different, but the majority are in season for about 21 days. Days 10-14 are usually the period during which the bitch is most receptive (We call it the "Give it to me NOW Big Boy!" stage.

It is best to separate them completely for the whole period (we usually separate them for a month to be completely safe). In any event, never leave them unsupervised during the season - mating can take place in the blink of an eye - especially with an experienced stud dog.

Mick

doggie diapers sounds good to me thankyou biggrin.gif

These will not stop the bitch being mated, buy a crate and put it in a separate room, we have a 7 month old that has just been jabbed as she was mated on her first season, the last thing a bitch that young needs is puppies, you could put your bitch on the pill, this will stop her seasons for a while, I dont understand why it is hard to keep them apart, we have 5 entire boys and 6 entire girls no problem keeping them apart

Terry

doggie diapers sounds good to me thankyou biggrin.gif

These will not stop the bitch being mated, buy a crate and put it in a separate room, we have a 7 month old that has just been jabbed as she was mated on her first season, the last thing a bitch that young needs is puppies, you could put your bitch on the pill, this will stop her seasons for a while, I dont understand why it is hard to keep them apart, we have 5 entire boys and 6 entire girls no problem keeping them apart

Terry

Ahhhhh well we are not all as perfect as you Terry......rolleyes.gif

well i understand how hard it would be for me i have two boys and one girl (she is fixed ) but if she was not i just don't have the room to split them 24/7 and no i don't have to many dogs for my home but to split them would not be easy. it may be for some if they have the room. good luck Kat i understand how hard it's going to be for you xxxxxx

i have been out today without the dogs so i am a bit worried that it may have happened although demon doesnt seem to be bothering her x

Wether they mated or not you can get her spayed before she has the puppies, this prevents there being any pups and also means no worry for her next season. You can't let her carry the pregnancy through if she is pregnant, shes still a baby herself, shes no where near mature enough (mentally or physically) for a litter yet.

Its common knowledge that once a season has started dogs can have pups, the same as a human, once you start your period you can have a baby, doesnt mean your emotionally or physically ready for one