help please !!

furbabys

Please dont feel like that Kat!!! I think you was asking a genuine question about suggestions on seperating Bitch & Dog and to be honest i wouldnt know (Im a first time owner with only a Dog) smile.gif

I think like with any animal/Breed its a learning curve and everyone has to learn at some point and not everyone gets it right first time round. *HINTS why we have forums to help each other out with tips etc.... I can understand when members try to get there experianced point across but very unfair and cruel how they go about it!!!

I would like to take this oppertunity to say that yes I done my reasearch about the Breed befor getting Grey but still found it to be a hard learning curve even after homing him and even up till now im still learning every day and yes I have made mistakes and maybe looking back I havent made the best of choices at times but at the end of the day we are only human and are allowed to make mistakes nobody is perfect and doesnt make anyone less of a Good Husky owner for doing so!!

So come on Guys please lets not row and help and support each other if and when needed but not in a spiteful criticism attitude/way smile.gif We all have one love HUSKIES!!!!! x x x x

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kat, please don't feel like you have started something like a riot, we have people from all walks of life, from many years experience to brand new owners & sometimes things get taken out of context & threads derailed - I hope this hasn't put you or anyone else new off posting questions or queries you have AS THAT IS WHY THIS FORUM IS HERE!

I've been owned by a sibe for 4 years - does that make me experienced? Some say yes, some no - do I care?? NO! I ask for advice because there is always something new to you cropping up & where else to go for answers but a forum of husky owners ....

I don't think anything will have happened if she has only started her season today, but for the next 3 weeks, you're gonna need eyes in the back of your head! :D Definitely crate one or the other if you have to leave them even for 5 mins (answer the door, go the loo, etc) if you can. I have always been led to believe spaying can be done after 12 months of age, in between seasons, but each vet has their own theory.

Good luck over the coming weeks, we'll be here if you need a rant! :D

Finally, can I just ask when giving advice, members say the words TACT & DECORUM to themselves before wording their posts? I thank you :)

All bitches are different, but the majority are in season for about 21 days. Days 10-14 are usually the period during which the bitch is most receptive (We call it the "Give it to me NOW Big Boy!" stage.

It is best to separate them completely for the whole period (we usually separate them for a month to be completely safe). In any event, never leave them unsupervised during the season - mating can take place in the blink of an eye - especially with an experienced stud dog.

Mick

Missed posting to this in my last reply .... +1 mick, nice reply :) ..

I would just like to finish this by saying thankyou to everyone for your advice and support like i say i dont want to argue just want to gain as much experience that my brain will hold lol.

the outcome of this post has been mostly posotive because i think i have made a few new friends.biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

it has not put me off adding new posts and i love this site, looking at all your gawjus babys makes my day. smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

I am sorry if I upset anyone,was just trying to use common sense, what gets me is I am acused of talking Bull """""" and I am the one attacking someone, maybe I am not a moderator or anything, but I find that comment offensive. as for having to many dogs. well thats my life and I have given up everything for them, they are a huge part of our family life. so what if its a end of terrace, if the dogs are loved well cared for and excersised then what is the problem,

I know people with just a couple of dogs in a huge house. the dogs are unhappy and need more human company, in this case I would heartly say

SIZE DOES NOT MATTER pmsl

Terry

Hi terry

would just like to say i was upset last night over some of the comments and asking a simple but everything is fine now and hope we can be freinds as i said last night i just want to fill my head with information .and make friends wuth husky lovers alike . i didnt just get my huskys because there cute which is what too many people do ..we researched the breed for a long time and found they fitted in with the family perfect ..i just didnt think about the reproduction side of it ...oops my bad pmsl .

i knew my dogs had to be seperated just wasnt sure demon my 7 month old dog could get my 19 month old bitch pregnant with him only been young ,, but now i know and i am happy with the advice ...biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif