Windows 10 Upgrade

PaulG

if you have updates switched on you will see a new windows flag icon down by your clock

click that and follow onscreen instructions

or use the link above

poor Ms got hosed with windows 8 it was so universally hated the had poor sales and lots of people were

actually downgrading to win 7 or Xp. They goofed by going for the ipad touch screen look and forgot

most users are PF users that want and need a desktop and start menu not people tapping at screens

Hopefully Ms will continue with its proven track record of making a new operating system that sucks

and following it up with a good one

I am a techy type so I am up on things like this

Oooh- Oooh, I have Windows 7 on my desktop, and Sally has Windows 8 on her Surface.  Our son is a tech at a software company, so I'm going to see what he knows. Thanks for the heads up!

Well if you haven't seen it already win 10 is a cross between earlier versions

For a start you have got a start menu button back like in win 7 and earlier versions well sort of its an updated new look

you still have the app centre from win 8 (urgs) but you can live with it its not as invasive as it was in win 8

win xp and 7 users will be able to get along with it after a few days of getting used to the new look

its kind of similar to what they did with the old MS office package when they updated it to the new fancy look version

there will be some driver catch up required but the change over should not be as bad as the win 8 version

speaking as some one who hates win 8 with a passion as I think they turned tools in toys and made working harder by messing

up accessibility of programs Win 10 is alright not perfect but its a step in the right direction