Bbc On Netflix

Mazz

Just finished watching Season 1 of Happy Valley on Netflix. Currently watching The Last Tango in Halifax. Two differences I noticed from American television programs: UK programs run a few minutes longer; there seem to be fewer than seven words you can't say on TV in the UK.

Happy Valley is a police drama, and the graphic images are more real-to-life than what we see on American TV. Both programs are extremely well-written and the acting is much better than what I am accustomed to watching.

Maybe it's just the fact that it is different than the standard stuff we watch here in the colonies. Going to my room now.

There are both UK and US versions of the TV show Shameless.

I prefer the american version because when watching the Brit version you think

to yourself. . . hmmmmm i know people EXACTLY like that, and it makes you a little

ashamed of your society that there are people like that perhaps are living just down the 

street from you.

Whereas when the show is set 3000 miles away, well it's almost a different culture.

I love watching UK based shows, and Happy Valley is on my Netflix queue, so now I'm excited to watch that next. It really helps pass the time on the train when I'm going to and from work!

And I LOVE Shameless! I haven't watched the UK version though, but the U.S. Version is awesome. Although I don't personally know people like that I'm sure they are all around lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't watched any of the programmes you mentioned Dave, I don't watch that much tv.  At the moment though I'm hooked to Broadchurch, it's about a murder (series 1) and now series 2 is on, well I won't spoil it for you in case you get into series 1.

The second series I'm watching is Mr Selfridge, who is/was one of your fellow Americans who came to the UK and built a department store.  I love it :)

• 2 months later...

This is an Australian based show, but I just started watching Wentworth.  It is an amazing show.  Think of it as Orange is the New Black, except no comedy and much much darker.  

This is an Australian based show, but I just started watching Wentworth. It is an amazing show. Think of it as Orange is the New Black, except no comedy and much much darker.

Its a spin off of the old prisoner cell block H that was cool at the time but didnt like Wentworth as I remember the old one