Aurora And Nova... (Dog Vs Cat)

Hello everyone!

So, Aurora is now 4 1/2 months old. Ever since we picked her up at 7 weeks, she has been exposed to our Snow Bengal cat, Nova. Nova also has been exposed to dogs, she is a year and a half years old and grew up with two Pomeranians. Aurora isn't mean or aggressive towards her, BUT she plays a little too rough and bites Nova's neck and doesn't understand she could hurt her. Nova doesn't typically fight back unless she is trying to sleep and is annoyed with Aurora's nipping and hitting..

Any advice on how to get Aurora to play nicer with her? I know since she's a puppy she will just want to play, but I'm not sure if there is any way I can get her to realize she's much bigger than Nova and needs to be easy with her. So that way they get along well when Aurora is an adult.

Thanks y'all!

post-12633-0-10884800-1421079399_thumb.jpost-12633-0-72240000-1421079400_thumb.j

Both gorgeous! Only thing I can think of is to stop play when it gets to rough n not let her move till she's calmed down , hopefully she'll realise play stops when she gets too rough , give her the command calm or whatever word u want to use so she realises what it means so eventually u can just say the command without actually having to do anything n she'll calm down

Usually cats know how to show when it's enough, but sometimes dogs don't get the signal so it's up to you to break it up and calm them down. And always supervise their playing, at least until you feel it's not needed anymore (I'm thinking months, maybe even a year).

I've got bengals too. The biggest thing I've found is to make sure there are lots of places your cat can get to to escape if need be. I've got dog gates at various points in the house so that access to certain rooms are cat only.