Jules Bianchi

Marc

Don't know if anyone had been watching the f1 this morning but been a bad accident on there today.

Adrian Suttil came off the track at turn 7 and his car was being recovered by a recovery truck when jules Bianchi came off the track and hit the recovery truck :( He was taken from the circuit unconcious to a hospital and no further news as of yet. Last time I saw an atmosphere like this on f1 it was senna. Sure hope the guy is Ok.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen the race yet, was going to watch the sky rerun this afternoon, my hubby called from the UK as he's over there working and told me to not watch the race as it doesn't have a nice ending, he knows how much I love my F1.  I don't know much else about the race and not sure I want to watch now :(  

Fingers crossed Jules makes a full recovery.

Apparently his Dad has spoken to french media and said he is currently in surgery being operated on for a head injury (bleed on brain) and will not know the outcome for 24 hours

1st thing is like the rest of us I hope hes OK :(

How the hell did they not see it/know ?

By the looks of it there is no recording of the crash but when I was watching I said why are they not moving that car at least 3 times their is something going on !!!!!

Not 2 mins after Sutli had crashed the placement readout at the bottom of the screen showed  Bianchi as out of the race but it took till after the race before anyone noticed really weird !!!!

​After a few drivers died in the 70's cameras where said to have been placed at every single part of every track so noting was ever missed again so how come it was missed ??

That race IMO should never have gone ahead and I can see sometime in the future there never being wet races.   

By the looks of it there is no recording of the crash but when I was watching I said why are they not moving that car at least 3 times their is something going on !!!!!

Not 2 mins after Sutli had crashed the placement readout at the bottom of the screen showed  Bianchi as out of the race but it took till after the race before anyone noticed really weird !!!!

​After a few drivers died in the 70's cameras where said to have been placed at every single part of every track so noting was ever missed again so how come it was missed ??

That race IMO should never have gone ahead and I can see sometime in the future there never being wet races.   

Were you watching on BBC?  I think sky showed it as it happened and therefore the FIA knew what had happened and were dealing with it

Were you watching on BBC?  I think sky showed it as it happened and therefore the FIA knew what had happened and were dealing with it

Yeah I know the FIA knew about it am on about the program makers and commentators all they was going on about was Sutil for good 15 mins, even I knew there was something wrong it came up on screen saying he was outta the race along with Sutli and Alonso but not one commented  on it  on either BBC or Sky F1 very unprofessional :( 

Yeah I know the FIA knew about it am on about the program makers and commentators all they was going on about was Sutil for good 15 mins, even I knew there was something wrong it came up on screen saying he was outta the race along with Sutli and Alonso but not one commented  on it  on either BBC or Sky F1 very unprofessional :(

I didn't see the Sky programme but was going to watch the rerun on Sky later but they chose to cancel the programme, probably out of respect to Bianchi.  BBC highlights didn't mention it because the programme makers chose to edit out the crash and any coverage of it, probably for the same reasons.  Lets face it nobody wants to see soemone potentially being killed.

Personally I think they did the right thing by not high lighting the crash, not until they know he's ok.

Not 2 mins after Sutli had crashed the placement readout at the bottom of the screen showed Bianchi as out of the race but it took till after the race before anyone noticed really weird !!!!

​After a few drivers died in the 70's cameras where said to have been placed at every single part of every track so noting was ever missed again so how come it was missed ??

That race IMO should never have gone ahead and I can see sometime in the future there never being wet races.

I agree the race shouldn't have gone ahead when it did, and should have been stopped earlier

I could tell something was wrong when the marshells started throwing their hands in the air.

If he had hit the jcb head on he would have been fine, but he skimmed it and hit thw barriers, in the process of skimming it, his head collided with the back on the big block on the back of the jcb.

He's lucky to be alive, just hope he pulls through, he's only my age

I didn't see the Sky programme but was going to watch the rerun on Sky later but they chose to cancel the programme, probably out of respect to Bianchi. BBC highlights didn't mention it because the programme makers chose to edit out the crash and any coverage of it, probably for the same reasons. Lets face it nobody wants to see soemone potentially being killed.

Personally I think they did the right thing by not high lighting the crash, not until they know he's ok.

Its not that they didn't highlight it, they didn't even know it happened, the commentators thought it was an injury to Sutil.

I didn't see the Sky programme but was going to watch the rerun on Sky later but they chose to cancel the programme, probably out of respect to Bianchi.  BBC highlights didn't mention it because the programme makers chose to edit out the crash and any coverage of it, probably for the same reasons.  Lets face it nobody wants to see soemone potentially being killed.

It was not highlighted because like Marc said they simply did not know also it was live so no editing was done at all and believe had they had footage they would of shown it just like they have every other accident ie Massa's hit in the head with a blot and Senna crashing and dying was both shown over and over again :( Like you I don't wanna see it but the fact it was not seen has am sure broken the FIA rules on every car being filmed every second of the race in case of a accident or incident of any kind.  

I didn't see the Sky coverage so don't know if it was shown, but my husband did and he called me to tell me what had happened.  The BBC was only highlights I think so they would have had the opportunity to edit it, though they knew something as the official F1 cameras kept filming the inside of the Marrussia garage, they don't normally do that!

I didn't see the Sky coverage so don't know if it was shown, but my husband did and he called me to tell me what had happened.  The BBC was only highlights I think so they would have had the opportunity to edit it, though they knew something as the official F1 cameras kept filming the inside of the Marrussia garage, they don't normally do that!

Go back and ask your husband I think you'll find he called you after the race not during it ;)

The images shown on tv are the same around the world as they are owned by Formula One Group. If I switch from French tv to BBC to Sky the images will all be the same.  The FIA and teams all have telemetry for each car and know what a car is doing before the car even does. It also has a transponder fitted and will show exact track position, this is provided by GPS.

I don't think it's a case of nobody knew what was going on but more likely they knew exactly what was going on and acted appropriately, ie keeping the cameras off the accident.

There is a radio link between race control and each team, The FIA and Marussia would have been in contact with each other to gain information, they would have seen the car stop via the sensors even if they couldn't for some reason physically see it.

I think we are getting off track ( pardon the pun ) am not saying no one knew of course the FIA knew am saying the commentators didn't till after the race !!!! There is no conspiracy here and hushing it up don't say this don't show that the TV people did not know simples :)

But if the tv people didn't know, then why did they keep focusing on the Marussia garage?

The commentators see the same images we do and the same timing screens, I usually have live timing on but didn't as I wasn't up in time :)

So whilst the commentators didn't know, I'm not so sure about FOG, or maybe they just missed it.  There was quite alot going on around the time of Sutils off and speculation as to whether drivers were going to pit.