Jules Bianchi

Marc

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just seen the update on his condition. Apparently he has a "diffuse axonal injury" which is basically damage all over the brain which he is very very unlikely to recover from even if he wakes up which is also unlikely. Also seems the impact wasnt what caused the injury to his brain as that condition is by the brain shaking in a skull due to sudden accelleration or deceleration. So essentially its the fact he went from high speed to a complete standstill in an instance which has caused all the damage to his head. Looking at the video of the crash though its hardly supprising, I mean it phisically moved the truck to one side and those things are not light things to be moved, especially by something as light as an F1 car so there must have been some serious speed there just to do that.

have seen a couple of amateur videos of the crash ... as marc says it takes one hell of a force to lift the recovery vehicle ... i watched the race live on BBC .. commentators appeared not to know anything about Bianchi`s crash ... thinking it was Sutil who was being attended to ...

Just seen the update on his condition. Apparently he has a "diffuse axonal injury" which is basically damage all over the brain which he is very very unlikely to recover from even if he wakes up which is also unlikely. Also seems the impact wasnt what caused the injury to his brain as that condition is by the brain shaking in a skull due to sudden accelleration or deceleration. So essentially its the fact he went from high speed to a complete standstill in an instance which has caused all the damage to his head. Looking at the video of the crash though its hardly supprising, I mean it phisically moved the truck to one side and those things are not light things to be moved, especially by something as light as an F1 car so there must have been some serious speed there just to do that.

I saw this update too... As soon as I read it, i thought he wasn't going to get through it.

Really bad injury, causes the brain to swell, and then kills brain cells :(