I Briefly Appeared In The News Today

BlueWolf

So yesterday I attended a local end of season pool party for dogs. Never been to one but it was quite fun. I brought Glala and Dana with me because normally they love swimming. I say normally because yesterday they were absolutely scared of all the other dogs  :duh:  But I wasn't going to give up so easily. As I had Dana with me I made a few walks around the pool, letting her get used to all the dogs. Eventually she started getting a bit more playful with the labs.

I sat next to the pool with her for about half an hour or so. She did slowly become more curious about all the dogs and people swimming. After a while I put off my shoes, rolled up my trousers and just got into the water. With a little tug and push she finally went into the water and immediately started swimming around the entire pool, twice. With enough patience, everything can be done!  :lol:

I did the same with Glala and she too had a swim eventually.

A local news crew was there as well. And today they had a small broadcast of it. You can see me briefly in the beginning, sitting on the edge of the pool with Dana. There was also a friendly guy who kept encouraging Dana to swim as you can see :) Even though they didn't swim as much as all the other dogs, everyone loved them. Once I left everyone asked me if she finally got in the pool  :lol:

It's the very first clip on this video.

post-2355-0-17146800-1410251852_thumb.jp

After careful watching it all I noticed that on 1:53 all the way on the right there is somebody in purple with a brown-ish looking thing in front of her. That's Ruth with Glala  :lol: Probably easiest seeing in fullscreen.

By the way, if you're wondering. Most of the people in this video talk about how their dog's are afraid to dive into the water. Turns out it wasn't just Glala and Dana  :rolleyes:

Wow, Jos! Keep it up, and you'll be in show business in no time! ;)

But seriously, that's pretty cool. I've never been on TV before!

Though, this summer, I did watch them film a commercial about eating locally (buying from local farmers instead of from a grocery store). I haven't seen it air yet, but I'm keeping an eye out for it!

Edited by SolitaryHowl

That looks so much fun... Think I'l ask Marc if he can build me a pool so I can have a doggy pool party... I know what he will say "the beach is only down the road" :(

It's not necessarily about the pool, just the fact that all these dogs can be together. They could all be off lead because it's an enclosed area too, bet you can't say that about the beach ;)