What Happened On This Day In History?

Random ongoing thread - feel free to add to this - content is as per thread header :)

6th May (this makes me feel old! lol)

The Channel Tunnel linking England to France is officially opened.

• Like 2

2012 - Paeleoclimatological research claims dinosaur flatulence may have warmed the earth  

:jawdrop:

• Like 2

1429 - English siege of Orleans broken by Joan of Arc and the French army

"burn her. . . she's a witch" (Monty Python)

• Like 2

and I've read that today it's also blamed on bovine flatulence ... how many cows does it take to make up one dinosaur?

Depends on the dinosaur

Whoa!

2005 - A hand grenade which was thrown by Vladimir Arutyunian lands about 65 feet (20 metres) from U.S. President George W. Bush while he was giving a speech to a crowd in Tbilisi, Georgia, but it malfunctions and does not detonate.

Random ongoing thread - feel free to add to this - content is as per thread header :)

6th May (this makes me feel old! lol)

The Channel Tunnel linking England to France is officially opened.

Missed this one but on 6th May 1989, my first son was born! Does that count?? lol Will go look for today's "on this day" news

• Like 3

Missed this one but on 6th May 1989, my first son was born! Does that count?? lol Will go look for today's "on this day" news

is ok I missed to post that yesterday 09-05 my son was born 20 years ago...lol

• Like 2

1503 - Christopher Columbus discovered the Cayman Islands. 

1960, The Silver Beetles (John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison, Stuart Sutcliffe, and Tommy Moore) auditioned for promoter Larry Parnes and singer Billy Fury for a job as Fury's backing group. Parnes was also looking for backing groups for his lesser-known acts, and The Silver Beetles were selected as backing group for singer Johnny Gentle's upcoming tour of Scotland. The group had changed its name from 'The Beatals' to 'The Silver Beetles' after Brian Casser (of Cass and the Cassanovas) remarked that the name 'Beatals' was "ridiculous". He suggested they use the name 'Long John and the Silver Beetles', but John Lennon refused to be referred to as 'Long John'.

• Like 1