New Batman Named. . .thoughts?

aronoiiel

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

... on one hand I think that the choice is good as he can act very well, however for this role as the older jaded crime fighter of Batman V Superman, I would have preferred someone just a little bit older and crustier, not so clean cut. Someone like Russell Crowe perhaps could have made the role his own - had he not been Superman's dad in Man of Steel LOL.

Having said that, I am sure that the Nolan will ensure that the dichotomy between  older and cynical Batman and young and optimistic Superman is quite pronounced. 

What are your thoughts on the casting?

The Batman  / Bruce Wayne character in the storyline is supposed to be late forties into fifties.

Grizzled & haggard after decades of crimefighting, tired and worn down physically and mentally at the far end of exhaustion.

Not some pretty boy mid 30's stud.

It's like when they announced Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher.

Horribly bad casting.

Always liked Michael Keaton

But when you first heard that the guy who had just played BEETLEJUICE was gonna be Batman. . . 

REALLY. . . HUH ??????

Although i will say that it's one of the few Tim Burton movies I can stand to watch :P

Ben Affleck is well fit. So long as my eyes are happy, the rest will follow suit. Lol.

So long as you get your Affleck eye candy. . . jeez !!.

Y'know half the time he's gonna be covered in a tight fitting rubber suit. . . :eek:

Sigh. . . I think I'm just helping your case. . . Aren't I :P

So long as you get your Affleck eye candy. . . jeez !!.

Y'know half the time he's gonna be covered in a tight fitting rubber suit. . . :eek:

Sigh. . . I think I'm just helping your case. . . Aren't I :P

Corrrrrrrect. :). You really shouldn't mention Ben Affkeck in tight fitting rubber without giving me fair warning! I could've fainted and injured myself! Lmao.

....at least they didn't go with Orlando Bloom whom they were considering!?

Here are the choices I would have liked to see play this version of Batman

I think Josh Brolin would have been a good choice

Joel Edgerton could also have done a good job.

Gerard Butler perhaps?

Jason Issacs (Once short listed for Bond)

Eric Bana

....at least they didn't go with Orlando Bloom whom they were considering!?

Here are the choices I would have liked to see play this version of Batman

I think Josh Brolin would have been a good choice

Joel Edgerton could also have done a good job.

Gerard Butler perhaps?

Jason Issacs (Once short listed for Bond)

Eric Bana

I wouldn't mind seeing Eric Bana as Batman.  I do not believe that you guys are giving Ben his due though.  He is not mid-thirties.  He is early 40s.  He has acted well in everything where he has had a proper script.  If the script is anything like the last couple of Batman movies, it will be just fine.

I do not believe that you guys are giving Ben his due though.  He is not mid-thirties.  He is early 40s.  He has acted well in everything where he has had a proper script.  If the script is anything like the last couple of Batman movies, it will be just fine.

I agree 100%, I think he will probably be very good. There are some that I would have liked to see considered though. Fans moaned and moaned about Ledger playing the Joker and how wrong were they?

I read that he has already started an intense body building regime and as long as they do something to lessen his Ivy league looks, he could do very well.

My initial thought was that it's a terrible choice for the character of batman after the mess pretty boy made of dare devil but as other have said it's depends on the script.  I won't hold my breath that the film will be any good in the hope I maybe pleasantly surprised.

it will go over just as well as Daredevil did, which was pretty horrible.

I doubt that, that was a very long time ago, Affleck is hot property now and I don't think he, Nolan or Snyder will allow their hard fought reputations to be tainted by a disaster.

I too think Josh Brolin would have been a better choice.

Apparently he was a front runner but was left out due to an acrimonious split with Dianne Lane (Superman's Mum)who will be in the new film. LOL!  ...and yep I read too much film news

I doubt that, that was a very long time ago, Affleck is hot property now and I don't think he, Nolan or Snyder will allow their hard fought reputations to be tainted by a disaster.

Apparently he was a front runner but was left out due to an acrimonious split with Dianne Lane (Superman's Mum)who will be in the new film. LOL!  ...and yep I read too much film news

First movie I saw Diane Lane in was Walter Hills Streets of Fire., a really good, Bad movie :) and yep I'm THAT old :P