Just joined

Shrimpo

Just found the site, so first post up.

Have had my new dog now for a week, he came from a family that found him to much, wasn't looking for a new dog, but decided that our older dog, could do with some company, and before she got to old.

He is settling in well, started on training, and got a scooter for him to pull, so he gets his run.

Probably going to have a few Q's, so hope peeps will offer up some advice.

Will have a read of the forum, to get more info..

Al

Hi Al, welcome to the pack!

Congrats on your sibe - is he your fist sibe or is your other girl a husky too?

Scootering is so much fun and burns their energy off immensely!! Just make sure they know the commands and turns before you head off out or it might hurt a bit lol

Look forward to seeing you around and may I be the first of many to say PICS PLEASE :D:D

Hi Al, welcome to the pack!

Congrats on your sibe - is he your fist sibe or is your other girl a husky too?

Scootering is so much fun and burns their energy off immensely!! Just make sure they know the commands and turns before you head off out or it might hurt a bit lol

Look forward to seeing you around and may I be the first of many to say PICS PLEASE :D:D

No Got a 57, girl, she is a bit older, but a calm dog, so the idea is that some of her manners will rub off on Max.

Photos will do a few, but will probably be in a weeks time, as off early in morning 4am, so off to bed with coco soon...

Yep the left and Right are getting sorted, but still have to watch him very close at the mo, stops a bit sharp for a pee,it's all a learning curve and I'm at the bottom still, but it will come, and Max seams to like it so far, not done a long ride as he needs to build up a bit yet.

Do you have meets at all, or what is the best way to find people near to where you live on this forum, you can learn so much and quicker from a short face to face....

Al

Yeah we have meet ups a few times a year (big ones) and then smaller regional ones just whenever people fancy them really :0

Where are you from? If you're near Manchester can meet up if you like

Think you might find Burnham on Crouch abit far Sarah ;)

Hi, Al & Max, welcome to the pack :wave:

It's a shame people don't research huskies before buying their little cute bundles, too many end up needing help like your little boy, thankfully you were able to take him in .... :up:

Look forward to chatting with you around here, hearing about your scootering adventures & seeing pics of your pack :D

hi welcome to the pack :) how old is ur boy? dont 4get 2 post pics ov him and ur girl :)

He is just over 2 years old, was living in a flat with 2 young children and a Jack Russell, so just think they did not have the time for him, as people say they are lovely looking dogs, but need to work..

Hey ya Al ,Max & other furbaby, :wave:Welcome to the pack!! Hope you enjoy the site and make lots of friends chatting about this lovely breed :D Really look forward to chatting to you and would love to see some pics please... x x x

Chatting is good, always worth learning from others who have had husky's for a while, I know they are all different, but they still are the same.

Would be good to meet up with some people, so anyone from Essex on the forum?

Will take some more photos and post them up as we go.

Al

awww lovely pic of both dogs thank you for posting xxx

Yep they are, getting on well together, although Widge has never been a dog to play a lot, which is calming Max down a bit.. funny thing is when we go for a walk, Max takes no notice of Widge, but is very interested in other dogs we meet, he still need to have his bits off, so something for him to look forward to, and it should calm him down a little bit more...

Al

He is just over 2 years old, was living in a flat with 2 young children and a Jack Russell, so just think they did not have the time for him, as people say they are lovely looking dogs, but need to work..

Chatting is good, always worth learning from others who have had husky's for a while, I know they are all different, but they still are the same.

Would be good to meet up with some people, so anyone from Essex on the forum?

Will take some more photos and post them up as we go.

Al

Aww really Great pic of the Dogs :D We are from Wembley, London.

You should defo come to one of the meet ups or next camping trip.

Hi, welcome to the forum. He's a gorgeous looking boy, and Widge is lovely, although she doesn't look too impressed to be next to him in that photolaugh.gif

I'm over in Ireland, so can't meet up with you, but there are a few rallies held in Suffolk, so not a million miles away from you. If you check out the Siberian Husky Club of Great Britain, I think its them that have rallies there.

Hi, welcome to the forum. He's a gorgeous looking boy, and Widge is lovely, although she doesn't look too impressed to be next to him in that photolaugh.gif

I'm over in Ireland, so can't meet up with you, but there are a few rallies held in Suffolk, so not a million miles away from you. If you check out the Siberian Husky Club of Great Britain, I think its them that have rallies there.

Cheers Karen, will take a look, I do normally go camping with Widge on kite events, so it will be interesting to have two dogs in the tent with me, it's only a small tent as well, may have to invest in a bigger one.

Al

• 1 month later...