Treats?

Sarah

• 1 month later...

Gravy bones are always in pocket, as easy to carry, but Cheese works well, in a pot cut up into small bits, have also found that a ham sandwich cur up into bits works well as well.

Think you need to change it around a bit to keep them interested in it.

But anything that get attention on you should work, have found a ball works as well, just need to get Max to understand if he gives it back it gets thrown again, rather than trying to eat it.

Shrimpo

Whatever my dogs love best!

Usually anything soft and smelly. Left over roast meat chopped into small pieces, cooked sausages chopped into small pieces, kabana, luncheon roll, cheese, chicken etc.

The other day I had run out of treats and forgot to defrost the pack I had in the freezer, so I used a couple of pikelets (small pancakes) I had in the fridge... Daisy went nuts! She loves anything sweet. lol.

kiras favourites are munchy sticks (those chopped rawhide stick thingys) and choc drops, but she eats everything, once i done heel with her with chips cuz i'd just gone to the chippy lol. shes got yoghurt drops atm but shes not as keen on them.

but she gets leftover chicken and stuff aswell, usually just cz it'll go to waste rather than for training purposes, but she never gets a treat without at least sitting, i usually get her to do a few tricks for anything she gets

Out and about I have a lovley little treat goody bag that I got from a pet shop near me its black and silver with a high viz strip has a draw string top and is water proof so I can put anything in it and still have clean pockets! I tend to use the pre cooked cocktail sausages cut up into smaller bits and have done some great heelwork and recall with them, Nukka LOVES them, but then she loves most food! One things for sure my girl would never starv if she was left wild shes a great scavenger! For shop bought dog treats I've bought loads of dif kinds including pedigree (although these turned Nukka's poo yellow so havnt got them again), asdas own brand, wilkinsons own brand, wainrights and pets at home brand and tend to find the own brand ones are actaully the nicest, spec the wilko ones they're nice and squidgey! :D

• 3 weeks later...