hi from ohio

wasp

New(er) husky owner here. I got my little girl in late june at 8 weeks. She's now nearing 7 months and her name is sky. While I'm not a new pet owner, she is my first husky and really the first husky i've ever known first hand. She gets between 2-2.5 cups of Wellness pet food per day and lots of attention.

And here's what you're really after:

the first two are from the first day or two of having her. the other pictures are within the past week.

img0221dg.jpg

img0233.jpg

img6306.jpg

img6309.jpg

img6310.jpg

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi, Wasp, welcome to the pack

Sky is gorgeous :D those pics at 8 weeks old are too cute! She's growing into a beautiful girl. She looks very similar to my husky, Myshka (below), even down to the white stripe up between her ears! :D

Look forward to chatting more with you around here & seeing more pics of you & Sky :)

post-143-13585944322724_thumb.jpg

As soon as I figure out which camera they're on I should have plenty more pictures of her growing.

Since I have a captive audience...any tips for a dog that's TOO submissive? When I take her to the park if she gets mobbed my some friendly dogs (even ones she knows) she rolls right over and begins to whine instead of getting right into playing. After she's been there for a bit she's good to go and is playful but the rolling over and whining part annoys me to some degree. I wish she would be more confident.

thanks!

QUICK!!!!!! Find the camera :D:D:D

When you notice the submissive behaviour just ignore it - if you fuss whilst they're being submissive then you're in effect re enforcing the behaviour. Some dogs are naturally submissive - but it's better than being aggressive ;)

QUICK!!!!!! Find the camera :D:D:D

When you notice the submissive behaviour just ignore it - if you fuss whilst they're being submissive then you're in effect re enforcing the behaviour. Some dogs are naturally submissive - but it's better than being aggressive ;)

I have a remote training collar, would giving her a light shock while its happening help encourage her to get up? I'm sure the trainer may be controversial to some so just in case, it's nothing i've ever used with her before.

here's some pics from 12 weeks, 13 weeks , and the last one is from today. Enjoy!

img0022z.jpg

img0028j.jpg

img0032c.jpg

img0068ls.jpg

img0116s.jpg

aww fantastic pics!!

I would think that using the training collar in that situation would make her worse, she will associate being around other dogs as receiving a shock and so would push her more into submission rather than bring her out of it x

aww fantastic pics!!

I would think that using the training collar in that situation would make her worse, she will associate being around other dogs as receiving a shock and so would push her more into submission rather than bring her out of it x

That's fine, that's why I asked.

I found some videos too, I think they're all from August. And one last silly pic from today.

LOpNRCESNec

_1l_Wras5oY

1Pv9gOhuDdQ

img6329.jpg

Hi, Wasp, welcome to the pack

Sky is gorgeous :D those pics at 8 weeks old are too cute! She's growing into a beautiful girl. She looks very similar to my husky, Myshka (below), even down to the white stripe up between her ears! :D

Look forward to chatting more with you around here & seeing more pics of you & Sky :)

Woohoo..!! we have another Myshka, GiZmo and Grey look alike :clap:

Here is a better pic of my Grey with not so much bling and no false eye lashes on LOL... -

445853203_484594.gif

Glitter Graphics

A big welcome to the pack, Owner & Sky :wave:

Hope you enjoy the site and make lots of frinds chatting about this lovely Breed :D Really look forward to catting to you and hearing all about your furbaby!! Sky is such a little cutie :wub: x x x x

Thanks, everyone. She does seem to have a pretty similar look to some of the others, especially Grey (minus the whole makeup thing :D )

I thought of another question for everyone... How long does it generally take for them to fill-out and get fluffy? Being that she's just 7 months now she looks very obviously young to me but looking at someone like Grey or Myshka they look more substantial and with more fluff to their coat. thanks again!