New Husky Member!

Hi everybody - Just joined this site and the main reason was to find out if anyone knows of any dog parks local to Surrey / Sussex or even Northampton where I visit often.

I have a Siberian Husky ( 1/4 White Shepherd) who is nearly 5 that I have had since 9 weeks.

I have had dogs all my life, usually big breeds such as German shepherds and it was a bit of a shock to the system to have a Husky. ( Was meant for a friend but she never left my home - Lucky for me!) They are fantastic but a shame that they cannot be off the lead. Mine doent' worry livestock - she is used to horses and they like her! But she does hunt and eats FEMALE only- rabbits, birds, mice etc

I have just left my career with the government after 8 years to be with my passion of animals in particular dogs and am studying and working with dogs with issues to become a dog trainer and in particular with behavioural problems. It started out with friends and families asking for hep with dogs and it seemed a natural transition. I also ride and do house sitting for all animals all over the country when owners are away.

I am based in Sussex near Gatwick airport and Visit Northampton a lot.

Would love to hear from other owners of this awesome and unique breed! Xx :ran_biggrin:

Hiya, Joilehusky, welcome to the pack :wave:

What is your furbaby called? I'm sure she's glad she stayed with you, too, sounds like you were meant to be a pack ... good luck with your new venture too, a big change there ... :)

I'm sure a few more who live down your way will be on later & hopefully know of somewhere you can let her run free safely ...

Look forward to chatting with you around here & seeing pics of your little girl, xxxxxx

hellooooo welcome to the pack :D

Pics - oh oh did someone mention pics!!!!!!!!!!!!! :up:

I'm not from those areas but i'm sure someone here will be able to help you :)

Looking forward to getting to know you - i'm sure you knowledge will be very useful here :)

Hi Melissa! Welcome to the forum. This is a great place to meet and exchange with others. You are lucky if in the UK, since those of us in the US would have a bit of a trip to make it to the meet-ups. Pics are always welcome too.