vote for Timber's birthday present slogan

Mollys Dad

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

* total food fiend.(Steals food from worktops/bins/etc.)

* Can talk for England, but sounds like Chewbacca!

*The first thing people say when they say when they see him is, "Wow, he looks like a bear; look at the size of his paws."

*He's got OCD. He won't walk back in the same direction he's come from, he'll just sit down and refuse to move.

*He's my shadow.

*He wiggles a lot from side to side when he's feeling extra happy about something.

*He's a peacemaker. He doesn't like other dogs/people getting into conflict. (My daughter and son were play fighting and practising their kickboxing, and Timber had a big grumble at them and tried to separate them.

I'll ask Moll's dad and Biggles for more ideas.

* total food fiend.(Steals food from worktops/bins/etc.)

* Can talk for England, but sounds like Chewbacca!

*The first thing people say when they say when they see him is, "Wow, he looks like a bear; look at the size of his paws."

*He's got OCD. He won't walk back in the same direction he's come from, he'll just sit down and refuse to move.

*He's my shadow.

*He wiggles a lot from side to side when he's feeling extra happy about something.

*He's a peacemaker. He doesn't like other dogs/people getting into conflict. (My daughter and son were play fighting and practising their kickboxing, and Timber had a big grumble at them and tried to separate them.

I'll ask Moll's dad and Biggles for more ideas.

OMG! It's true. They are all Chewbacca :) I think I can tick all of those off where Kodiak is concerned :rofl: I shall have a little think of more things for you.

Timber's voice on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ij-jZhedjY

We recorded this not long after we got him; these days it's so loud, deep and prolonged that the floor seems to rumble.:D Lol! Little Molly's 'baby howl' in the background is funny.

Hmmm...unsure why that posted twice.:S User error, I guess.

Edited by molly's_mum

What do I know about Timber???

He is really very happy dog and if something is not to his liking he lets you know.

Timber talking is one octave higher than a husky and Timber certainly likes to give his opinions and feelings heard. You cannot ignore him.

He is a fidget bum and drives Molly's Dad insane when G is driving the car as Timber is constantly changing position to get even more comfy. I think he really is a back seat driver in a woolly coat.

He is an absolute coward when it comes to thunder and lightening and will leap on his saviour (Molly's Mum) to be saved. She has said that she wouldn't dare lie down on the sofa to watch tv if there was even a chance of thunder. She'd wouldn't stand a chance.

He is Mr OCD. The look he gives Molly's Mum when we deviate even slightly from the normal route is comical and he is definitely not a happy bunny for all of about 30 seconds and then just plods on.

He weights in at about 8.5 stone (54.4 kilos). Where does he sleep anywhere he chooses, and that is usually in the middle of where people are walking so they have to step over him.

The amount of red soil/mud he gathers on his coat when he goes for a walk, even when it is only slightly damp is phenomenal.

He only paddles up to the tops of his paws as I am sure he thinks there is a monster lurking in the depths of the lake. Coward - possibly.

When Timber decides he wants to chase something it has been known for Lou and whomever has the pleasure of being attached to Timber's lead to hold on to the nearest lamp post/gate post and hang on for dear life and pray.

Timber vary rarely runs around and at most does a steady sedate canter for about 30 seconds before going back to his steady plodding along. I'm sure there must have been a dinosaur with the same gate. (Please don't tell Timber I said that)

He is an expert thief and probably in a previous life was an international criminal mastermind. He can steal a whole chicken out of a pot and the pot won't look like it has been disturbed. He then waited patiently to be fed and it was only after he had been fed did they realise that the food had been Timbered.

Recently Lou brought some bread and brie and they were both in the bag. Timber was kind enough to leave the bread untouched in the bag, but the cheese was no longer to be seen again. Just a mid meal snack for Timber.

All in all it's very much a "Watch out, Watch out, there's a Timber about!"

Everyone love's Timber and he is a becoming a legend at Bedfont. Molly is a thuglet (well she is related to Bo and Ollie) and Mya is the Princess. Poor Timber has to try and keep the three thuglets under control and it is no easy task, however when he rumbles his displeasure they do listen.