Hi everyone

Barny

Hi, I have recently rescued a Siberian Husky from a dogs trust centre in the Midlands. She is about 19 months old and I think she is gorgeous. This is my first Husky so I have a lot to learn and I'm loving it. Her name is Misty and she is very well behaved (most of the time - lol). Thanks for taking the time to read this and I'm looking forward to hearing from anyone that would like to say hello. :)

Welcome Barny and Misty! Kudos for rescuing Misty. She looks awesome. More pics if you please. Huskies can be a handful, always testing, always pushing the envelope, but oh so rewarding to have as part of your pack.

Hiya :)

I am SO jealous! We really want to adopt another husky, been looking and looking, but having no luck :( We are prepared to travel as well and be fab to give my little Takara a friend :)

Well done for rescuing, I am positive that you will not regret it at all. She looks amazing, very beautiful :)

What made you want a Sib? (apart from the fact that they are the best dogs! He he he!) xx

Thanks Mazz and Takara.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you to find another sib soon Takara. I hadn't expected to find a husky at a rescue centre but when we saw her and took her for a little walk to see how she was with us we just fell in love with her. We were originally looking for a labrador and I'm sooooo glad we found Misty instead.

I'll get some photo's uploaded so you can see more of her as soon as I work how to - lol.

Thanks again.

hi barny u wont regret picking her instead of the labradour she might be a handful at the mo but the temperment on a husky is really nice i had a golden retriever but had to get rid as he went for me twice after my girlfriend smacked him for ripping up the lino in the kitchen.

hope to meet you and misty one day

Hi and welcome to the pack :biggerGrin:

Misty looks gorgeous, can't wait to see more pics of her - to upload have a read through this thread, http://www.husky-owners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2734

Feel free to ask any questions and join in with the fun and games :)

Thumbs up to you for rescuing her as well - where about's in the uk are you?

Welcome to the pack, Barny and Misty :wave:

You have definitely come to the right place if you want to know more about huskies! a big :grinning-smiley-003 for taking a rescue sibe, too, can sometimes be a little testing as they may have picked up bad habits but with your love & leadership, you will have a little gem!

If you can't find the answer to anything on here, post up, we're all here to help each other!

Thanks for the warm welcome from everyone so far, it is great to have the support of you all if I should need it.

So far Misty is responding well to the training we have been giving her, either that or she has us trained to think that - lol. She used to pull quite a bit on the lead but that has got a lot better and now only does it when she is somewhere new and then it is only for a short while.

Thanks again for all your kind words and I look forward to hearing from you all again soon.

Cheers,

Barny.

Oh shes sooooo beautiful!!! I really don't understand how anyone could ever give such gorgeous dogs up! But well done for recognising how amazing they are and giving her a forever home! Bet you'll find that huskies as they say are like pringles... once you pop you can't stop!! I'm already pestering my hubby to let me have a second one! Lol Gotta get my baby girl fully trained first tho then I'm gunna step up the pestering and hit the shelters!! Welcome and hope to meet you and Misty soon at one of the Husky Meet ups this site runs! :D