Cats???

Sarah

Ok we all bark on (haha pun intended) about what we feed our dogs, what's good and bad etc - but for those that have cats.............what do you feed them on?

I've honestly never thought about this - i'm such a bad mum, i've had cats since being little and basically fed what mum and dad fed mine, Whiskers - probably the equivalent to feeding a dog bakers :26:

I'm now wanting to change to a better quality food but what to choose?

Any ideas peeps? And don't say barf or feed her to my boys LOL LOL (although she has a tin of tuna once a week lol)

our 2 are fussy at times but thats probably their age and the fact that bilbo (also know as twat cat....ask ade about that one) has some teeth missing after a fight. basically they eat what we can afford or they go pinching from a neighbour so a grumpy neighbour informed me once........after she accused me of not looking after them properly ........i bet you can all imagine what i told her (it was twat cat sneaking in her house after eating all his food at ours to fill up on anything else he could cos the cat flap wasn't locked)......but i am going off track at the moment......

we have found that they really enjoy asda or tescos own brand more than the well know brands, they like the pouches ....as do we its easier to gage how much they are having too. i tend to give them a pouch each in the morning for breakfast, they have biscuits (science plan at the mo cos my friend passed some on after her cat was run over) usually around tea time but sometimes if they are meowing very loudly ade gives them some for a quiet life....lol, and then they have a pouch at bed time. they tend to drink water mainly (well Tilly prefers it) but twat cat is a bit of an addict for milk and can hear you open the fridge at a 500 yards.....its quite funny to see him with his nose pushed to the kitchen window drooling.

if ade is feeling generous he will let them have some tuna or fish occassionally but they arnt really fussed if they have it or not, they have probably had more fish since zack and suki arrived because they have had it.

so my advise sarah is see what your cat likes to eat before making a big change...... i know when i have made a big change of food for my 2 in the past they didnt like it and i was throwing more food away than they were eating.

:D

• 5 months later...

they have james wellbeloved dry food and then Tesco wet food (half a can between them in the evening) they're house cats, so they don't need any more than that, as they are both fat and lazy!! And as the dry food is complete they don't really need the wet food, it's more a treat for them!

TBH I've never really looked into cat food blink.gif cant have a cat with kira and wouldnt anyway, bloody annoyin meowing things what dig their claws dry.gif sorry im not a cat person really lol

But if i did have one it's probs be raw, wouldnt need much for a cat tbh, if i was a cat person it wouldnt get anything less than kira does

mum feeds go cat lol

We feed our cats Iams multicat because we have 2 chunkers and one skinny one. Seems to be working. They used to be on blue buffalo and loved it, but 3 cats eat a lot and honestly I'd rather (or HAVE to) feed Pongo Wellness so it'd be too pricey to feed the cats real well. Most of the time they don't like the healthy food anyway. Turned their noses up at Wellness wet food but will eat fancy feast just fine lol.

I thought i should chime in here. We have gone through a few different types and brands of food now with our Meeko! The one that i think works best is Chicken Soup for the Cat Lover's Soul. He seems to love it. We don't have any hairballs. His coat is gorgeous. Tons of energy and never sick. With all the energy he can be very mischievous. lol

DSCN0505.jpg

DSCN0844.jpg

I am allergic to cats, have asthma, but I adore them and would love to have one. My daughter has a little ginger one she picked up in a field one day while walking her two little yappers - daschounds (sp?). Poor little thing was at deaths door. He is now five months old and is tiny little thing. Anyway, the cat is fed raw as he hates dry food and the dogs are on dry because they won't eat raw - they will smell the cat's food but will not touch it.

Billy is on Kitekat at the mo...he changes from that to whiskers then to tescos own- hes a pain in the butt!!

he is a bengal cross and is huge!! he will eat here then go on the scrounge and eat everywhere else lol...he has been known to eat sunday roast at the neighbours across the road!!

in summer he is in his elimant...he loves bbq's!!! he will sit and wait for the scraps in the back garden!!

laugh.gif

My mum feeds her cat, Velvet, on Whiskas meat pouches twice a day, and theres a bowl of dry biscuits down with her water all the time. Little bugger is a garbage can bless her but she's lovely, quite an old cat but can still give all of the younger cats a run for their money.

When I was still living at home I was out in the garden one day and the neighbours Jack Russell came over to the gate to say hello to Velvet. He wouldn't leave her alone so she arched her back, hissed and scratched his nose. The funny thing is, he kept coming back for more lol :lol: and another time they were chasing one another round the whirly washing line in the back garden, it was Velvet who started the chase! I'm the cat person out of me and Rob... I love them but with Nooks I wouldnt dare have one lol