PUBLIC BETA - MemberMap

Marc

Hi Guys,

Just a quick message to let you know that the membermap is now live on the site. Please bare in mind that this is a public beta. As such please report any bugs to Jos or Myself for them to be fixed.

Cheers.

Just to note, a bit thankyou to [MENTION=5355]Al Jones[/MENTION] who has been throwing all manor of issues at me and Jos. If he hadnt been this would not be in live beta so quickly.

Edited by Marc

Hi Guys,

Just a quick message to let you know that the membermap is now live on the site. Please bare in mind that this is a public beta. As such please report any bugs to Jos or Myself for them to be fixed.

Cheers.

Just to note, a bit thankyou to @Al Jones who has been throwing all manor of issues at me and Jos. If he hadnt been this would not be in live beta so quickly.

You're quite welcome, some things I can do and have the time for; shoot, some of them were even valid, I think!

You're quite welcome, some things I can do and have the time for; shoot, some of them were even valid, I think!

Some valid for version 1.1 once this is released as stable ;)

Well I tested it on [MENTION=5355]Al Jones[/MENTION] and I found him, and if the map can find him way out there in the Boondocks it must be working really well! :rofl:

Job well done Marc! wish more members would put their locations up there, but its a personal and I get it:) nice to have it back though!

:thankyou:

There are currently 891 markers on the map. Now lets all collaborative together to get the other 7,318 people mark their location on the map too :D

Just a reminder, you don't HAVE to pin-point your location exactly. Just at city-level is enough.

Looks good. Too bad people wouldn't actually stay on the forum. The few people that live near me according to the map have not been on the forum since mid to late last year. :(

People come and go unfortunatly .. Guess ya just gonna have to promote us in your area ;)

If there are already over 800 pinpoints on the map and it only went up a few hours ago, does that mean that the members who put themselves on the map before the conversion are on there already? On my phone at the moment as about to pop into bed (once the husky and staffy butts have come in from the garden) so can't see the map yet (will check tomorrow night after work) but am curious to know if I need to put my location back up or not?

If there are already over 800 pinpoints on the map and it only went up a few hours ago, does that mean that the members who put themselves on the map before the conversion are on there already? On my phone at the moment as about to pop into bed (once the husky and staffy butts have come in from the garden) so can't see the map yet (will check tomorrow night after work) but am curious to know if I need to put my location back up or not?

All the markers from the membersmap on the previous forum have been transferred onto this map. That includes yours :)

All the markers from the membersmap on the previous forum have been transferred onto this map. That includes yours :)

Thanks Jos, I shall still go and check it out tonight, just to be nosey, lol.

Membermap actually works! It's astonishing hahahaha great job Admin (Marc):bananadance:(I don't know what this icon means but it's funny...)

I'm alone in Spain :oops that's because it's really hot right now hahaha

And Jos lol totally collaborated project this ya know :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

took it for a test drive and figured out this itty bitty problem. When two balloons (I call it that LOL) are close to each other, we can't click the balloon behind. Now that's a problem because in the US and UK there are a whole lot of balloons and they're almost always close to one another so... maybe change the member location icon to something smaller to save the space?

took it for a test drive and figured out this itty bitty problem. When two balloons (I call it that LOL) are close to each other, we can't click the balloon behind. Now that's a problem because in the US and UK there are a whole lot of balloons and they're almost always close to one another so... maybe change the member location icon to something smaller to save the space?

These are actually already smaller than the default ones because they got in the way so much, lol. The hitbox (the part that is being registered as a click on the marker) is not exactly the shape of the marker, but is a invisible square around it, making it sometimes open even if you didn't exactly clicked on it. Nothing there can be done to that I'm afraid unless I go extremely complicated with the code and have to drop support for Internet Explorer entirely.

Of course, if two markers are too close to each other you can just zoom in increase the distance between them ;)

(For clarification: Markers is what they are officially called. Balloon could be confused with the popup ;) )