Fading Mask?

sjwrx

I'm curious to know around what age their mask would start to fade if they do at all? Panda has black around his eyes, would that all fade away? Do any of you have a husky that has kept those dark circles around the eyes when full grown?

Curious as to this as i met an owner today who she said her husky used to look just like Panda and now theres completely no black at all around the eyes.

Wouldn't mind before and after pictures too!!!!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

might fade, might not. some get smaller or lighter or whatever. There's been threads on this before or you can google it too there's web pages dedicated to it as well. just another husky phenomenon :)

****Sonoma's has not faded really from 8 weeks to 8 months, however her coat has changed a bit. She was all black at first now she is black with silver undercoat. I'm fine with it. :P

Edited by Lavs
forgot to say...

post-7299-13586054845132_thumb.jpg

post-7299-13586054846578_thumb.jpg

post-7299-13586054847457_thumb.jpg

Kyra's mask has changed some since she was really little. She has more brown in it and she is 6 months old now. Still wondering if she will be keeping hers but I'm thinking she will. Or hoping at least :)

Alice faded ALOT! lol

Grace seems more gradual and just a bit lighter.

Both are beautiful nonetheless=)

I know! Alice lost all of it, so this time around we thought "hey we didn't get a full mask but the other stuff may drop and grow into to Gracie's face", BUT NOPE! I did heavy searches trying to compare, which is how I initially found this site....and everything is still a mystery of how the mask changes. But it looks so far as if you are in the running to keep the mask! I'm still shocked of how Alice lost hers, and it started to grow off her face by 2yrs... guess we'll have to wait and see:)

I know! Alice lost all of it, so this time around we thought "hey we didn't get a full mask but the other stuff may drop and grow into to Gracie's face", BUT NOPE! I did heavy searches trying to compare, which is how I initially found this site....and everything is still a mystery of how the mask changes. But it looks so far as if you are in the running to keep the mask! I'm still shocked of how Alice lost hers, and it started to grow off her face by 2yrs... guess we'll have to wait and see:)

Quite the mystery! If Panda lose's his mask, he won't be a "Panda" anymore haha.

Only 6months atm, still a long way to go till we find out!

Some times they fade and sometimes stuff comes in that was never there :P Colors change a lot too.

The Color Change! That was a shocker to me, Grace was jet black with silver high hairs, and now she has one jet black stripe down the middle and the rest of her is starting to get more and more silver/grey. My husband keeps joking and saying we have to take her back, we got a black and white husky not a silver wolf! And she is getting puffier by the day, as her Sire was a woolly all white husky, as I keep reminding my husband, and who know what she will look like in 10yrs! All the more reasons why the Husky is an absolute amazing creature!

The Color Change! That was a shocker to me, Grace was jet black with silver high hairs, and now she has one jet black stripe down the middle and the rest of her is starting to get more and more silver/grey. My husband keeps joking and saying we have to take her back, we got a black and white husky not a silver wolf! And she is getting puffier by the day, as her Sire was a woolly all white husky, as I keep reminding my husband, and who know what she will look like in 10yrs! All the more reasons why the Husky is an absolute amazing creature!

Haha yeah. Marius started out as silver became a red head and is a mix of both now

Some will retain some of their mask into adulthood - they're what is called "dirty-faced" - but most lose the majority of their masks... Only one of mine has kept much masking past about 5 months, and at not-quite 2 years, he's finally lost most of his mask, now...

Zeke at 6 weeks

post-1869-1358605490352_thumb.jpg

At just over a year of age:

post-1869-13586054945574_thumb.jpg

At not quite 2 years old...

post-1869-13586054944067_thumb.jpg

post-1869-1358605492905_thumb.jpg

Safi has always been white faced and Peppa has only ever had eyeliner. Loki has faded the most he's virtually white faced now at age three. Apparently his dad started out with goggles as Loki did and became white faced as he matured. Togo isn't as noticeable, his has diminished as opposed to faded away.

[ATTACH]50262[/ATTACH]

Loki 4wks ( before anyone gets up in arms we were visiting him at the breeder)

[ATTACH]50263[/ATTACH]

Loki in march this year. His sister Safi is next to him

[ATTACH]50264[/ATTACH]

Togo 4weeks ( again at breeders on a visit)

[ATTACH]50265[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]50266[/ATTACH]

More recently of Togo

[ATTACH]50267[/ATTACH]

Peppa so she doesn't feel left out lol

post-1752-13586054947175_thumb.jpg

post-1752-13586054947687_thumb.jpg

post-1752-1358605494943_thumb.jpg

post-1752-13586054950404_thumb.jpg

post-1752-1358605495146_thumb.jpg