Behaviourist is all booked in

For those that are unsure what Im on about here is the original thread - http://www.husky-owners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3679

We have now finally taken the plunge and I'm sooo nervous now!

This is who we are going with - http://www.purechaos2calm.com/

We are booked in for a 2 hour inital consultation with her on Friday 18th September at 7:30pm.

I really hope this works! My biggest worry has to be Jamie's dad as he doesnt like doing things he is told to do, I just hope he does co-operate for the dogs sake's!

Will be taking notes through the consultation so I have something to look back on and keep everyone updated!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks everyone :) I really can't wait for this and really hope it works as Marlye and Bandot both got into a scrap with 2 labs (off the lead, funnily enough) earlier on their walk. Right at the start of the walk to so I was walking them whilst feeling tensed up (really doesnt help!)

I keep getting shakes and been going dizzy today, wonder if thats nerves kicking in!

only 2 days to wait now, Amy, then you can get the pack back on track, hopefully. x

Why is it we so often read of off lead dogs causing problems - it's so unfair on owners & restrained (on lead) dogs ?... (OK, that is a rhetorical question!) You've sounded so confident with your walks & things in general lately, don't let that irresponsible owner shake your confidence, hun, xx

Marley and Bandit both got into a scrap with 2 labs (off the lead, funnily enough) earlier on their walk.

i hate offlead dogs (specially labs) theres loads ov um about here n blaze hates them with a passion 1 ran at him as a pup (only wantin 2 play) n it scared him n he hasnt bin their greatest fan since

hope it all goes well for u

Consultation

OMG I have smoked so much in all my life! :o:confused::o:confused::o:confused::o:confused::o:confused::o:confused:

I was a bag of nerves before she arrived but now I look back and think WTF was I nervous about? lol

It went really well, she was really helpful and explained everything and even showed us as many techniques as she could in the time limit (we did go over time by about an hour and half but was never charged extra).

Was a definate big eye opener and I would recommend her! To put it basically the boys definately rule the roost and make all the decisions! Its suprising how much of what we do can be often mis-interpreted to the dogs and that is what causes the problems! I liked the fact that she wasn't judgemental at us and used her previous experiences she has had with her sibes to help us understand.

We have loads to remember and it is so difficult. We found out that Gizmo growling at people in the face is him being rude, bossey and aggressive, Bandit is the instigator but most submissive and Marley is the thinker.

I've been told not to walk them now until I feel comfortable about taking them out into the big wide world. To help me burn their energy off she has given me a list of games and other things I can use to not only help gain leadership and respect from them but to also have fun and allow them (and me) to release some energy and also jamie and his parents can give them a try too :)

So much to remember. Not allowed to give them eye contact, can't speak to them and can't touch/stroke/pet them unless it is on our wish and we have called them to us not approached them!

There is loads more that we have been given to do, I don't think I can write everything down right away! I will be here all night lol! I think it may be best if I explain things as I go through each day/week

sounds like it all went well!!!

FANTASTIC!!!!

Will be 3 new dogs when we go camping

way to go!!!

I hope they are by then :) I don't want to say yet as it will depend how consistent we are with them and if I can find out different ways to think positive (never has been my strong point, but I must do it for my boys!)

Gizmo is definately the stubborn one! He had to be put into "detention" twice last night whilst the behaviourist was here as he kept pushing and pushing and pushing!

Detention is when we have to put them somewhere on their own where they can't see any of us!

She loved Marley and Bandit and was finding it so difficult to not cuddle them, lol

Glad to hear thigns went well and you have got loads of ideas to work on.

Thanks alex, its not just the ideas that help but all of the support you guys have all been giving us :)

That sounds really positive :grinning-smiley-003, really pleased for you all,

So much to remember. Not allowed to give them eye contact, can't speak to them and can't touch/stroke/pet them unless it is on our wish and we have called them to us not approached them!

This has to be one of the most difficult ones, but stick with it...

Yay, Amz! You sound so positive about your pack's future, and to see how much you enjoyed the experience - I guess we're all guilty of giving misleading signs to our dogs, but until it's pointed out to us, we don't know we're doing it! I'm so happy you felt it a positive experience & look forward to you bragging how well your boys are doing (& the humans, of course!)