Behaviourist is all booked in

Oh yeah, result!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whos starting to become the alpha bitch now!!?? ;)

Ok so Ive had a few stressfull situations! But made a real breakthrough today :D

I was going through the piece of paper our behaviourist gave us with a list of different methods and games to help burn off their energy and also train them at the same time and decided to have a go at teaching a little dance move/go through the legs. I started with Marley as he was most relaxed and I shut Gizmo and Bandit in the living room and went into the kitchen with Marley to have a go on his own where he wouldnt have the distraction of Gizmo and Bandit and focused more on me and what I was doing.

The method - Get Marley's attention on to me, put legs apart (sorry that was the cleanest way I could say that ;)) and use a treat and throw the treat through the legs and say "Through" to Marley when he follows to get the treat and reward with praise.

It took a few attempts as Marley was a bit unsure about going through my legs and wanted to go around so all I did was stopped him going around and guided him through and said "Through" as he walked though and the rewarded him. He got the idea soon after that :D YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOHOOOOOO I was so proud of him! If I can get his attention enough at the campping trip you may get a little show ;) but i tried with him when Gizmo and Bandit were around and that was a no go, he needs a bit more training first :grinning-smiley-003 Go Marley, my dancing bear :D

If that wasnt enough we made another breakthrough, with Marley again! We got a walk around the block :D OMG I was simply amazed!! Talk about a boost in confidence! We also met a got and I did get that gut instinct of Marley going into attack mode :confused: BUT......................... He didnt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He did notice the dog and yes started to wonder over but I had a treat in my hand and called him back to me (didnt even look at the other dog) and back he came trotting over and then I used the treat to keep his attention on me and he did so when the dog passed I praised him with hugs and fuss and let him have the much deserved treat :D

Marley has been the star pupil today!! Walking him around the block like we did and seeing the dog with no aggression was proof of how much the work is paying off :D

Wanted to share this with you all

Gizmo and Bandit are also settling down too, I havent got as far with walking them yet but as our behaviourist explained Marley is more of thinker where as Bandit and Gizmo are more action :) Im so proud of them all :D My boys are starting to become followers rather than rulers :) Oh Yeah I'm becoming the Alpha Bitch now ;):P

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic