KC Reg???

mbb23

Hey I was just wondering if any one can help me on this, When we rehomed Grey he came with a five generation pedigree cert but wasnt Kc Reg but does this mean that with his certs that we could get him KC Reg???? If so how would I go about it???

Two certs came with him one for his mum and one for his dad I thiink :confused: sorry Guys if Im asking the the most easy question but I dont have a clue about this kinda stuff (how to read the certs) and wouldnt know what to look out for???? How would you know if your sibe has come from good blood lines would it say by the names??? and if his mum & dad has certs why wasnt he KC Reg???

Any help would be great!!! :D I would like to know a little more about Grey's background and get him KC Reg but not looking to show, breed or work him (pure family pet) but would like him to be KC Reg as most peoples sibes are.

Thanks x x x x

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to much of a prob, i think we have decided against breeding him and he was never going to be entered into shows tbh he is purly out pet and thats how it will stay, the fact there are so many huskys needing homes i would rather when it comes to getting another we rehome and steer clear of the Breeding side and leave that to the experts....

http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/item/415

You can't unless you bred the dog and both the parents are KC Registered. Only the breeder can register a dog sorry Mary.

Thanks for your reply! but cause I have the cert for both parents and on top of paper is kenal club would this not count for somthing???

I also have the names of the breeders can I track them through kennal club???

If I cant KC Reg him then it wont make a difference to us cause we wasnt planning to breed, show or anything so it dont make him any less of a Husky to us we rehomed him and love him to bits no matter if he KC Reg or not But would have been nice :D

Even if both parents were KC registered, there are a host of reasons why the pup was not.

eg.

One or both of the parents might have had breeding restrictions on their paperwork - if this was the case, then despite mum and dad both being registered, the litter could not be.

The bitch might have been bred twice within a 12 month period - the KC will not register more than one litter per bitch in a 12 month period.

The bitch may have been over 8 years old. The KC will not register litters from bitches of this age.

It could be that the breeder just couldn't be bothered - it costs money to register a litter - not a lot, but it might cut into the profit margin of a commercially minded breeder.

Unfortunately, as people have said, only the breeder can register a litter and if they have not done so (for whatever reason) no-one else can.

Mick

Not to much of a prob, i think we have decided against breeding him and he was never going to be entered into shows tbh he is purly out pet and thats how it will stay, the fact there are so many huskys needing homes i would rather when it comes to getting another we rehome and steer clear of the Breeding side and leave that to the experts....

yeah I agree!! We both sat down and talked and said even if we was able to get him KC Reg that Breeding wasnt the thing for us and will never Show ( Grey to bloody naughty and would prob jump up and knock the judge down and lick them to death LOL ). To be honest Im glad we rehomed him and gave him a second chance and if and when we move and have the room I will defo rehome another Husky KC Reg or not!

Even if both parents were KC registered, there are a host of reasons why the pup was not.

eg.

One or both of the parents might have had breeding restrictions on their paperwork - if this was the case, then despite mum and dad both being registered, the litter could not be.

The bitch might have been bred twice within a 12 month period - the KC will not register more than one litter per bitch in a 12 month period.

The bitch may have been over 8 years old. The KC will not register litters from bitches of this age.

It could be that the breeder just couldn't be bothered - it costs money to register a litter - not a lot, but it might cut into the profit margin of a commercially minded breeder.

Unfortunately, as people have said, only the breeder can register a litter and if they have not done so (for whatever reason) no-one else can.

Mick

Thanks everyone & mick you have been helpful! (Added to Reps) of what I can see Dad was a Grey & white born 22/07/2003 and Mum was Back & White born 08/06/2006

Not sure if im allowed to say names on the forum of the breeder & Blood line names but maybe somone has heard of them?? need to ask Sarah first tho

I dont know if this any help but shoulld he cert be in colour?? cause our one looks like a copy :confused:

Hey I was just wondering if any one can help me on this, When we rehomed Grey he came with a five generation pedigree cert but wasnt Kc Reg but does this mean that with his certs that we could get him KC Reg???? If so how would I go about it???

Two certs came with him one for his mum and one for his dad I thiink :confused: sorry Guys if Im asking the the most easy question but I dont have a clue about this kinda stuff (how to read the certs) and wouldnt know what to look out for???? How would you know if your sibe has come from good blood lines would it say by the names??? and if his mum & dad has certs why wasnt he KC Reg???

Any help would be great!!! :D I would like to know a little more about Grey's background and get him KC Reg but not looking to show, breed or work him (pure family pet) but would like him to be KC Reg as most peoples sibes are.

Thanks x x x x

is it his name on the 5 gen certificate?

if so then he is registered.

Grey mum is ARTIKCHILL MAYBE BABY and thee breeder is MISS E J CRAWSHAW (AG02949107)

Grey Dad is SIRENIKI HUGGYBEAR and the breeder is MRS M B JOANNOU (AF04145301)

But on the bottom of one of the certs is MISS T S & MISS M E BENNETT

Does sanyone know of these people??? so that I can get in touch with them

Thanks everyone for all your help going to add to Reps now ;)

I managed to find a contact number for the breeders so going to give them a call later tody and see if grey is KC REG and if not, going to find out why and if I can get him KC REG. :D

Will let you know How I get on!

Just got off the phone from breeders ( both sides were very kind & helpful ) and Grey cant be KC REG cause his mum had an indorsment on her that wasnt lifted so thats why he wasnt KC REG ( was the only litter thats wasnt)

It means no odds to us as we are so happy with the sibe we rehomed and want looking to work, breed or show him he is pure family pet!! He is no less of a husky in out eyes!! :D

Thanks everyone for your help and advice and if we are lucky to rehome again then it wont matter if our next sibe is KC REG or not as there are so many out there that needs a second chance.

I dont want them to think im strange and bugging them but I think it would be nice if I sent them a pic of Grey so that can see what he is like now and maybe they might send me a pic of his Mum & Dad????

Tony thinks I shouldnt cause they might not want contact but I thought it would be nice and if I was a breeder I would want to stay in contact with my pups owners and hear all about how they are getting on.....??

What do you guys think??? :D

have you got an e-mail address or a postal address? I don't see how you would be bothering them by sending some pics & details - we did it with Diesel & they seemed really pleased to know he had been rescued & to see how happy he was now. Include your e-mail or address & if they want to keep in touch, the ball is in their court. What were they like when you spoke with them? If they seemed OK, I'd send a few pics, etc & say I thought you'd like to know where Grey is, that he is happy now & looks like this .... if you want to keep in touch or would like more pics of Grey, please let me know & I'll send some periodically ... then if they don't reply, at least you've tried.