Raising a Husky Pup (Hi)!

Hi Everyone! I'm on my first venture with a Husky and I'm 3 months in. My pup Skye and I are doing great; we're running fine, playing fine and we've recently started rollerblading alright. I would love to do some authentic sleding, but I'll be around Indiana for at least another year or two - someday we'll get back to snow country! Well anyway, just wanted to say hi and thanks in advance to the community for having me.

-Joe

Hi Joe welcome to the pack :D

Looking forward to getting to know you and Skye :D and can't wait to see some pics! :up:

Do you rollerblade with her at the moment? I think 3 months is a bit to young to be doing this just yet she's got a lot of growing to do and too much at a young age can damage their joints - basic rule of thumb i used with my boys was 5 mins of exercise for every month old they are. Enjoy her puppy stage while you can :D

Hi, Joe & Skye, welcome to the pack! :wave:

How old is Skye? Like Sarah advised, if she is only a few months old, be careful how much you run with her, it could have consequences in later life.

Look forward to chatting with you around the forum & seeing LOADS of pics of Skye!! :D

Hey ya Joe & skye, :wave:

Welcome to the pack!!! Hope you ave lots of fun on the site and I really look forward to chatting to you and hearing all about skye:D Would defo love to see some pics!!! I would defo agree with sarahs answer to your question tho.

Great answer sarah added to Rep!!

• 1 month later...

Sorry that its been awhile, it looks like when I last posted Skye would have been 7 months. The rollerblading thing wasn't an everyday occurrence either, more like a week to every other week and only for about 25min at the most. We would (and still do) go jogging for about 20 minutes early in the mornings and we're never at full-on sprint mode. I still find it hard to get her tired even so; she'll be 9 months at the end of the October here.

I unfortunately didn't get to enjoy her company until she was 4 months old. She had been with the breeder until then and this is probably a whole new thread worth of story. Well, I have to get going - but I'll work on putting some pics up!

Thanks!