Death row dogs

Stormy

as a staffie owner with dogs who could potentially be siezed as 'pitbull type' it had me in tears this was part sadness for these poor dogs being destroyed for no reason other reason other than the way they look and part was anger. the dangerous dogs act needs to change and it needs to change asap. the dogs trust had offered to take part in this programme but because they were going to talk about the positive side of staffies and staffie crosses the bbc wouldnt allow it what does that tell you im disgusted at the bbc because they are trying to tar all bull breeds with the same brush. i was watching another programme on itv which featured battersea dogs home (i think it was them ) and they were saying what great family dogs staffies make and how its a small minority of people who are ruining staffie ownership for others. i can personnally say i trust both my staffies 100% around my children staffies didnt get the title NANNY dog for nothing and i think if programmes like this are going continue to be made they should show the bad side and the good.

sorry bit of a rant lol

as a staffie owner with dogs who could potentially be siezed as 'pitbull type' it had me in tears this was part sadness for these poor dogs being destroyed for no reason other reason other than the way they look and part was anger. the dangerous dogs act needs to change and it needs to change asap. the dogs trust had offered to take part in this programme but because they were going to talk about the positive side of staffies and staffie crosses the bbc wouldnt allow it what does that tell you im disgusted at the bbc because they are trying to tar all bull breeds with the same brush. i was watching another programme on itv which featured battersea dogs home (i think it was them ) and they were saying what great family dogs staffies make and how its a small minority of people who are ruining staffie ownership for others. i can personnally say i trust both my staffies 100% around my children staffies didnt get the title NANNY dog for nothing and i think if programmes like this are going continue to be made they should show the bad side and the good.

sorry bit of a rant lol

I agree.

they are only based on 54 apparent characteristics that they reckon makes it a pitbull type!

you show me 20 of any breed that are the same identical in everyway, weight, size etc

ridiculous

Did anybody else watch this? Had my in tears :(

Yep I watched a little and then they took this poor staffie mix out in a cold wet alleyway to inject him -then I switched it off - as far as I can ascertain he hadn't even done anything to anyone.... the owners shoudl never have had a dog in the first place - they should screen ALL potential dog owners not just those who take on rescues....:angry:

I agree.

they are only based on 54 apparent characteristics that they reckon makes it a pitbull type!

you show me 20 of any breed that are the same identical in everyway, weight, size etc

ridiculous

the thing that always annoys me and is very rearly told is that a dog only needs to meet 60% of the criteria of a pitbull type to to be seized and destroyed

the thing that always annoys me and is very rearly told is that a dog only needs to meet 60% of the criteria of a pitbull type to to be seized and destroyed

exactly. awful just awful. and yet a dog who had bitten a child was returned to its owner!

and an innocent one was pts!:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

ive not watched it not sure i want too

ive had people call bings a 'long legged staffy' which i found out is a 'name' for a pitbull - it scares me to think that because bings looks all staffy but is bigger he could be classed as a pit n pts even tho u couldnt meet a friendlier dog - hes been beaten/abused , dumped and attacked by other dogs but he still loves EVERY1 and wouldnt hurt a fly

but it only takes 1 person to think he is a pit n thats it :cry1:

people are predudiced towards the breed - NOBODY shows the good side of staffs n it makes me sick! ive only ever had 1 problem with staffs n thats the 1 that got skyla - all other dogs that have attacked mine have been labs, collies and jrts

ARGH sorry will shut up now - i get on my soapbox when it comes down to this!

its not the breed at all its the owners !