Hello!

Hi everyone! I just adopted my first Siberian Husky today. I've been in love with the breed since I was a little girl, and have had several other breeds in my life but never had the chance to have a Husky. Then today I was browsing our local kill shelter's website and found a Husky that had just been posted on their site. I only live 5 minutes from the shelter so I rushed over to meet him... and brought him home! :D

I've named him Dakota. He was listed as "young", best guess is 10 months-1 year old. His appointment to be neutered is on Thursday so I'll see what the vet thinks about his age then. He's settling in very well... he's asleep at my feet at the moment. I'll try to get some pictures to post this evening or tomorrow.

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new sibe! I can't even tell you how ironic it is that your story matches mine almost to a 'T'! Always wanted a sibe since being a little girl, saw one listed on a kill shelter website, rushed over to the shelter and adopted him on the spot and named my new adoption Dakota!!! lol How weird is that?! Only thing is my boy was estimated to be 2 yrs old when we adopted him but who cares about details. :P Oh I can't wait to see pics of your Dakota, if he looks anything like mine I will probably pass out. LOL

AWWW He's so adorable!!! I can see why you couldn't resist. Oh I can't wait to see more pics of your boy!

I saved my petfinder pics of my Dakota too. They do have a lot of similarities, mine used to be dark like yours and lightened up considerably about a year after we adopted him.

My petfinder pics, any similarities? :P See how dark he used to be compared to how he looks now in my sig?!

Dakota1.jpgDakota2.jpg

Thank you, yours is gorgeous as well. I had always wanted a black and white husky and adopted a black and white that ended up turning more of a black, grey and white. lol I love him just the same no matter what color he is. :D Just goes to show you how they never cease to amaze. Your sibes eyes look spectacular!

Hiya, welcome on board!

How weird is that, almost 2 identical stories! Congrats on being owned by your sibe & thumbs up for adopting him, I'm sure he'll settle in in no time!

We LOVE pictures on here, the more the better........ look forward to watching Dakota grow up around here!

AWWW He's so adorable!!! I can see why you couldn't resist. Oh I can't wait to see more pics of your boy!

I saved my petfinder pics of my Dakota too. They do have a lot of similarities, mine used to be dark like yours and lightened up considerably about a year after we adopted him.

My petfinder pics, any similarities? :P See how dark he used to be compared to how he looks now in my sig?!

Dakota1.jpgDakota2.jpg

Thank you, yours is gorgeous as well. I had always wanted a black and white husky and adopted a black and white that ended up turning more of a black, grey and white. lol I love him just the same no matter what color he is. Just goes to show you how they never cease to amaze. Your sibes eyes look spectacular!

Its so funny cause my grey has got darker the older he got :)