what are your Huskies like? :)

Luna

Hiya all:wave:

Well we have just got back from a weekend away at the caravan with Leala & Luna and had a lovely time getting to learn lots more about Husky girl Luna....

apart from being an absolute darling xxxx

1) Don't let her offlead within 10 miles of a sheep as she can jump 6foot walls no problem and it hurts when we do it!!

2) She bites and cleans her own nails

3) She is a cat in a dog's skin - curling up, climbing, cleaning etc!

It's not the norm for us (Mastiffs are big ploddy dopey sods that you have to do everything for and whom do as they are told...mostly) but we are very much enjoying her. What other things do your Huskies do?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Topaz is the explorer the hunter in the woods she is the one away in the trees digging for stuff eats any thing she's not to fussy but Odin he sticks to the path and just takes me for a walk if he's not pulling he's not happy, he's the fussy spoilt one his meat as to be cooked for him he wont eat raw. they totaly diff

When I first got Princess, she kept hhiding behind a tree. I finnally got nosey and low and behold I was able to grab her tail and pull her out of the deepest hole that any dog I have ever had has ever dug: to China and back!!

She loves people and going out. She is so mild mannered now.

saskia is placid, and very quiet, except when she sees a small animal, like a squirrel or duck, then she is entranced by them, and you have to break her attention to get her to go any where. she is very people friendly.

micha well what can i say, she i allowed off lead, but if you go anyehere near sheep cattle or horses she is there, barking at them to get them to chase her, she loves it.

infact she got into a field of bulls, and was barking. they all ran away appart from one wich stood its ground and began pawing the earth. Micha was rescued then. any places like that we try to avoid.

the main thing about micha is 90% of the time she is a little angel, but 10% of the time she is a devil.

and boy when she is 10% devil she is a devil,

but we wouldnt have her any other way

but she is 100% submissive, and as a result can play with any dog down the park.

One of the things that never fails to amaze me, even after all these years is how sneaky and quick they can be.

The other day it was pouring with rain, so instead of putting the dogs out while I cooked (as usual) I let them stay in. I had needed my glasses to read a recipe book, so when I was finished reading I put them down for a moment while I put the pie in the oven. When I turned round my glasses were nowhere to be found and, when I counted up the dogs, I noticed that Basil was not amongst them. I went out into the garden and there, of course, was Basil with a completely destroyed pair of glasses. No more than 20 seconds could have passed between him taking them and them being completely destroyed.

Luckily, they are Poundshop reading glasses and easily replaceable but it shows that you can never relax your vigilance when there's a husky about - especially a little sod like Basil!

LilyBasil.jpg

Mick

for every negative with a sibe, there are dozens of positives to outweigh it!

They can be stubborn, have selective hearing, be sneaky, not loyal, be Houdini ..... BUT they are cheeky, funny, loving, you can't be shy with a husky as everyone wants to talk to you (well, talk to your husky!), love attention (Myshka gets rather miffed if people pass her & don't talk to her!), clever, individual ............. I could go on!!

Myshka, now she is 3 1/2, has calmed down a lot & is very gentle & placid, loves psyching out other dogs then looks at them daft when they bark at her, plays well with other huskies (how do they know the difference betweeen a husky & a 'normal' dog?), knows when she can be dominant & when to submit, loves people stopping to pet her (but she can be rude if they don't have a treat & just look the other way or walk off!), adores children .... but still has a habit of running off with a sock off the washing line!

Don't ya just LOVE huskies??? lol

Val that is so true!! added to rep :D :D

Mick - !!! omg the sneaky little thing - he's so adorable though! I always find if i have to tell them off for something i just can't do it they give you "the look" and that's it, heart melts again :)

OMG where to start............??? Well my Grey is such a snob!!! :rolleyes: he is good looking and he knows it!! He walks around like a Diva with his big white chest sticking out, ears & tail pricked for everyone to see. :D Aswel as having a Diva attitude he also has a little canter trot trot walk ( Grey's sexy look at me walk :rolleyes:)

Grey LOVES shoes & food and will do anything for a treat ( Raw chicken wings, bones etc...) I swear he would sell his soul for a crum of food :P OMG does Grey love to dig!! he loves to run & climb and is great with children!! ( have a 2year old son)

Grey can be very naughty and when I go into the kitchen and catch him trying to eat somthing on the worktop he quickly jumps down and goes over to his food bowl and pretends to be eating ( Grey's way of saying " Im not doing anything!! Im just being a good boy eating my own food" LOL) Grey loves his belly rubs, cuddles,play time, kisses & a good scratch behind the ears he will almost knock you down to the floor with joy when you say walkies...:eek2: did like bath time but not very keen on it now tho ( has a little sulk after) but Apart from that he a lovely nutty fuzz ball.

Our pup is only 4 months old and is already at the "if there's nothing in it for me I won't answer" stage.

She dugs up all the plants and has destroyed 8 planters (flowers included) and keeps trying to jump up on mum (who is in her 80's)

When we take her out at night, we are followed around by a little chocolate brown fox. He will walk on about 15ft in front, but keeps looking back for her. She has worked out his hiding places and looks for her friend everytime we take her out.

Mostly though her habits are play biting (my arms look like self harmers) and jumping on the flowers.

Well their nuaghty, spoilt, cheeky and highly nosey >> they think 'cos their sibes they get an all access to everywhere LOL

Balto (pie-bald boy): Eats a lot, loves affection, is very sweet and always gives kisses and wags his tail in the morning when you wake up. Hes horrific of the lead, he can be a bit of a bully to smaller or younger dogs but all in all hes great with em!

Alaska (balto's sis, black and white): Is a fussy eater, great off-lead, is liking living with a cool rock-start:rolleyes: She is stubborn, stuck up and takes life a little too seriously, she doesn't crave affection and we as a family find ourselves going to her for pets! She is the alpha of the two and takes her job as: Balto must not get any toys, treats, food...a little too over the top too lolz

[ATTACH]2270.IPB[/ATTACH]

post-126-13585943571622_thumb.jpg

So far Pongo will pay attention to us when he wants to... He likes to weed the yard, he doesn't tolerate a blade of grass out of place, he'll rip it right out. He will do ANYTHING for food and won't go outside when he doesn't want to. He thinks everyone wants to play with him and say hi while we walk and he throws a tantrum if we keep going and skip out on a person or dog walking. He steals the cat toys because they are not his and he knows it:rolleyes: and his misbehaves as soon as his daddy comes home from work. Finally he loves to go to the vet or the pet store because he knows there will be plenty of attention on him:)

Micha is a real gentleman. One of the first things my trainer said when she met him was he was very calm (for a Siberian) - he's a bit of a cool dude. He never snatches food from your hand, he is very gentle and ever so softly takes any treat you give him, hehe. He can be cheeky and likes to talk back to you when you ask him to do something he doesn't want to do, even as he's doing it i.e. if I ask him to sit when he doesn't want to he 'woo woo woooos' as he's sitting down haha.

He's really intelligent and picks things up really easily. He's very food and prey driven which makes training easier because he's easy to motivate. He enjoys his own company and isn't a velcro dog but likes to be near you, and will sometimes put his head in your lap for a pat.

He can be sneaky too - Daisy my beagle makes it very obvious when she's got something she shouldn't, she always does this naughty 'I have something' run and hides whatever she has in her crate. Micha on the other hand, has being sneaky down to an art, and will tip toe around and then grab something as quietly as possible and then sneak back outside with it, hehe.

The funniest thing about Zeus is when I get up in the morning before my partner, Zeus jumps into bed to take my place and cuddles up. Very funny.

Zeus does most of the above - particularly the snobby traits - he too has a bit of a canter / trot about him with the stuck out chest. I love his reaction to yappy dogs (terrier types) when they go mental and start barking. He just looks down his nose at them then looks up at us as if to say "what are they making all that noise for?" then trots away...

Oh I forgot to add - two of my best friends are gay and they are always joking that Mish is gay because of the way he prances around and sits with his paws crossed. He loves to prance around and throw his head back and puff himself up when he knows people are looking at him... he's so vain, ROFL.

Kiba is very friendly and sometimes overly submissive. She gets nervous easily, but is extremely well mannered and very polite.

Never jumps, gets into things, knows boundaries/personal space.

overall, i would say she is submissive, gentle, and affectionate.