2 months old acting odd

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well the korean vet is bullcrap...so on Friday im taking her to the American vet an hour away....soonest i can get there, she is drinking...eating a little and not throwing up anymore...I heard huskies are very picky eaters and sometimes just stop eating for days with NO reason...but this young? The vet said he found nothing wrong with her.

Hi Army-Husky

As some of you know Kiana has been a little poorly over the past two weeks, basically the symptoms sound almost identical to those of Beauty, apart from the vomiting, she was only sick a couple of times and it was very small amounts.

I took her to the vet last Monday and for the princely sum of 132 she got some antibiotics and 3 tins of Royal Canin sensitive dog food. On Tuesday she seemed even worse and had the watery poo you described in your thread, it was also bright yellow. I chose to feed her on half a tin of dog food and a handful of plain boiled white rice, but over the next few days it didn't seem to do much, her poo wasn't as runny, but still very loose.

I spoke to Sarah on Thursday and she suggested I tried her on chicken wings, I have always been sceptical of Raw, but many people have success so I though what the heck.

I bought a tray of chicken wings from Tesco on Friday afternoon and by Saturday afternoon her poo was solid again.

I feed her 2 chicken wings with 2 dessert spoons of live natural yoghurt on it 3 times a day and she is 100% better.

Army-Husky, i know that your pup is very young, but why not try mincing up some chicken wings and add some yoghurt and see if she is better on that, it definitely sounds diet related to me.

Big thanks to Sarah for making Kiana better again.

Steve

Okay well Beauty is at the American vet...she is hospitalized for this week at least....vet did exam..no cpv or ccv...but she has a serious stomach bug, so bad the vet gave her 25% chance of life...the vet did say she has never seen a dog hold out this long thats this ill and if she could last this long she can recover because shes a fighter...funny how dogs who have something to live for...always seem to beat the odds! Ill keep ya updated!

Aw, Scott, sorry to hear that, you & Nina must be worried - at least Beauty is in the best place now & the vet seems quite positive for "your little fighter"

fingers & paws crossed for a full recovery so Beauty can be back home, taking over! husky hugs to Beauty from Myshka, xxx