2 months old acting odd

Okay so Beauty sleeps A LOT! more than any other puppy I have ever owned if my memory serves me correctly. Now at night I dont mind it all, cus i get to sleep but for two days she had diahrrea and vomiting...but i changed her food to what the breeder fed her and she was okay...tonight she drank some water from a nasty bowel outside and she literally peed from her butt...her appetite is normal and she drinks normal and likes to play hard....is she just being a normal husky puppy or should i be concerned?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WOW, okay well peeing water from the bum is a huge problem, she is seriusly dehydrated and you must take her to a vets. This happended to Alaska when she was 3 months, she had the runs until it was water, she didn't eat and drank very little and was lethargic >>> she had to go to the vets and have a drip to put the fluids back into her body. Little puppies as yours should not be loosing so many fluids, if you do nothing she could even die. Im not being dramatic, this is what the vets told me when i went with the same problem, your little one has probably eaten something she shouldn't have. All i can say is for now you must entice her to drink water...heres what we did:

Buy a can of pedigree (i know its not the best >> but they seem to like it), put some in her bowl and fill it up with water (not too much, maybe a mug full) >>> if she is like my girl she will eat it and drink up at the same time (as long as you mix it all together). Its vital she gets fluids back into her body, for the next 3 days you should feed plain boiled rice and plain boiled chicken breasts with a spoonful of natural yogart to settle her tummy.

Good luck and let us know how it goes x

Anything like this?? (sorry:o)

DSC01841-1.jpg

please act now as the bottom weeing is a sure sign she will get dehydrated soon if she isn't already!

in the meantime take her tempreture too as she may have picked up an infection and it will show in her temp. Anything over 102 is not a good sign and certainly anything in the 104-6 range is dangerous....

Do the pinch test on ther skin and if she is dehydrated please don't waste time getting her to the vets (especially if she has a temp). I have seen this so many times with our rescue/foster pups and always caught them just in time, thank god.

Not to worry you but you just never know -larthargy, sickness, diarreah are symptoms of some pretty major illnesses in pups. Parvo & gastroentiritis being major concerns.

Sorry if i've alarmed you a bit there and hopefully you just have a normal pup who has picked up a tummy bug bless her but dehydration is so serious in young pups. They can go from normal to dead in a few hours...

keep her drinking - if she tolerates milk you could try her with some VERY weak milky water too. (don't force feed her liquids)

if it turns out to be just a tummy bug giving her a hard boiled egg will help to firm things up!!

good luck:)

great advice guys added to reps.

I hope Beauty is ok, get her checked out at the vets, this definately isn't normal for a husky puppy. She's probably just picked up a bug and i'm sure after some antibiotics and chicken and rice for a few days she will be back to noraml :)

Keep us posted as to how you get on, husky hugs to you all xx

Well Beauty is at the VET, the only american vet is over a drive away and after waking up this morning and seeing her...that was NOT an option. She couldnt even keep water down...she was very lathargic and dehydrated...I feed her royal canin for puppies...the vet is keeping her over night to observe her and will call me tomorrow; the breeder we bought her from is paying for everything...very nice australian couple....this morning I thought it was PARVO but the poop...no smell at all...and i know what parvo poo smells like...something you never forget...my wife is very upset, she has to work and is worried about her.

This dog is very special to my wife, me being from america i know dogs are like family...heck mine are treated better than me...but my wife is from the phillippines and there they dont treat their dogs like family...they are just dogs who come and go and eat table scraps...so her actually having a dog that means something is a whole new world to her...and she fell in love so quickly...and now im scared her first pup experience may scar her if our little girl doesnt pull through this.

Thanks for all the support...and keep her in your prayers :( Ill let you know more when i found out.

Parvo most definitely has a VERY distinctive smell to it - the vets I used to work in had quarantine kennels and when we got a poorly dog in there with Parvo I always had to visit the bathroom after going in there!

Have you taken her to the vets?

you're right, parvo IS very distinctive, years ago my GSD got it at 8 months, I fed him sugar & water solution when he first started getting lethargic & took him to the vets. Thankfully, he pulled through & lived till he was 13 yrs.

It's easy to say try not to worry until you know what's happening, but you can't help yourself, any of us would be the same, but we can keep you all in our thoughts & hope your pup pulls through whatever is affecting her & she is back home where she belongs very soon.

Husky hugs from Myshka, paws crossed too, xx