Growling & cocking leg?

Luna

As you now know i'm very new to Husky behaviour and have no idea what is typical so just a couple of questions to start me off...

Do any of your Huskie's do a random - totallly non agressive - growl when having a fuss??

A ridgeback we fostered used to do this too, lol.

Also do any of them - females - cock one leg after another in a sort of slow funny walk thing whilst peeing???

it's very funny to watch as she looks like she doing the sumo dance at the start of a fight:D

Also do any of them - females - cock one leg after another in a sort of slow funny walk thing whilst peeing???

it's very funny to watch as she looks like she doing the sumo dance at the start of a fight:D

Myshka does this when out walking, never in the garden. I just put it down to her being extremely curious (OK, nosey!) and not wanting to stop to pee in case she missed something!

As you now know i'm very new to Husky behaviour and have no idea what is typical so just a couple of questions to start me off...

Do any of your Huskie's do a random - totallly non agressive - growl when having a fuss??

A ridgeback we fostered used to do this too, lol.

Not sure about the hole female thing of cocking there legs? (Cause I only have a male) but my guess would be that its a dominance thing but my Grey does do a little growl when being fussed and playing. :D

I asked the same q about females cocking legs. I have 2 sibes, bro and sis >> the girl is the domminant one and she squats to pee, but whilst squating lifts one legs and starts hopping around >> she even started doing it when she poos >> dont ask lol. The general response was that the domminant female will cock her leg! My boy Balto will moan, whoo, do a deep growl and whoo when we come in >> his tail will wag and he will make a groan noise, he does this when we pet him toop >>> sibes are very vocal, he sometimes mouths me and groans too lol >>> silly boy!!! Sounds normal, i dont think it sounds like aggression.

oh - kinda on the same subject ............ Kaiser STILL hasn't started cocking his leg but Kimba has been doing this since he was about 6 months old, does that mean Kimba is the dominant one and Kaiser won't do it - or is he just slow on the uptake??

oh - kinda on the same subject ............ Kaiser STILL hasn't started cocking his leg but Kimba has been doing this since he was about 6 months old, does that mean Kimba is the dominant one and Kaiser won't do it - or is he just slow on the uptake??

How old is Kaiser? Balto started cocking at 7 months and he got nuetered at 8 1/2 months, he still cocks on trees and marks but i do catch him not lifting it >>>> so to be fair he doesn't do it all the time. I think its becuase Alaska is the domminant one >> she cocks/funny dance thing about 95% of the time, however just 'cos she is the boss of the 2 Balto still marks his scent EVERYWHERE!! lol

Give him more time, im sure he'll do it soon and when he does you'll be sick to death of them both marking every 5 mins lol >>> Alaska marks now and its highly annoying:sweat: