A Must Watch for any Husky / Sled dog Fan!!!!!!!!!!

James

Stormy got me this for Christmas...

51GDrB7KsgL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

all I can say is, it is an absolute must watch if you love huskys (albeit they are the finest Alaskan Huskies in this but still) especially if you work your dogs.

It is amazing, the Race itself its truly amazing, from the incredible will, speed and iron determination of the dogs, to the heart and drive of the mushers, the incredible scenary. and how hard it must be to finish the race, let alone win!! :-|

can you imagine going 50-90 miles, over the coldest toughest terrain 12 hours, sleeping for 4 hours and then doing it again :-|.

But I love this DVD, its awesome! its got 7 episodes each an hour long, i've gotten through the first 5 so far :)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've seen bits of this on telly, amazing isn't it :D There was also one of the progs they do following an aircraft company up there and they were taking dogs up to one of the Iditorod champions for training - fresh fish just laid out everywhere in the snow - quite a sight!

Stormy got me this for Christmas...

51GDrB7KsgL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

all I can say is, it is an absolute must watch if you love huskys (albeit they are the finest Alaskan Huskies in this but still) especially if you work your dogs.

It is amazing, the Race itself its truly amazing, from the incredible will, speed and iron determination of the dogs, to the heart and drive of the mushers, the incredible scenary. and how hard it must be to finish the race, let alone win!! :-|

can you imagine going 50-90 miles, over the coldest toughest terrain 12 hours, sleeping for 4 hours and then doing it again :-|.

But I love this DVD, its awesome! its got 7 episodes each an hour long, i've gotten through the first 5 so far :)

hi ..if it the one that was on yhe tele last year..in two parts ..yes it is amazin ..if it isnt ..i would like one where was it from please

Noooooo I thought Nix was talking about some sort of live coverage thing :P.

I assumed Discovery discontinued the series as when I looked it up only the 2008 season is on dvd/Blu-Ray

lol last time i saw it was when sum1 posted about it on here n i sky+'d it lol sorry - if i do however hear about live coverage ill let u know lol

Absolutely love it. I watched it when it was originally on the discovery channel. I've been stalking the discovery channel hoping they will cover another race, but so far they haven't :(.

Want to get the DVD, but last time I looked, it was mega expensive.

Stacey xxx

yeah see I thought they had! :P

no idea where you saw last years then Nix o_O

unless it was a repeat of the 2008 iditarod.

Have you looked up the 2009 and 2010 results Stacey?

Lance Mackey won them both, so he won 4 on the trott! :eek:

Someone else won this years one though, breaking the record time!

yeah see I thought they had! :P

no idea where you saw last years then Nix :confused:

unless it was a repeat of the 2008 iditarod.

Have you looked up the 2009 and 2010 results Stacey?

Lance Mackey won them both, so he won 4 on the trott! :eek:

Someone else won this years one though, breaking the record time!

Lance Mackey is a really good racer, but I can't remember whether I was a fan of him on the documentary. Doesn't he run one of his dogs' despite the fact they injure their paw?

Stacey xxx