How do i tell ? ....

Laska

Details 8 Month old 76 pounds (34.55 kilo's) female

After reading all the replies to my dog wieght tread . im starting to wonder if i have a pure husky.

She was a 40 th birthday present for me by my mother , and when she went to buy her she saw both mother and father and was told they both had papers.

My mother lives a long way from me and she is 79 and knows nothing about huskies and laska was a surprise present so i didnt have a chance to ask any questions from the breeders.

We have no contact numbers to ask the breeders any questions and mother lost it.

So im wondering with her wieght could she be a husky cross malamute.

Is there anyway to tell as when i went to the vets he without asking registered her as a siberian husky so he must have thought she was one but he said wow she is going to be big.

Any thoughts from you guys ill leave a few pics to have a look at and try to be honest i wont take offence.

Just dont kick me from thgis happy go lucky husky community :rolleyes::rolleyes::P

Plus she is not that scruffy normally she is wet from swimming again

Thx

Mark & Laska

p.s the pic of her showing teeth was me trying to brush her .

Added a short video of her running about ( as i mentioned before ignor ethe mess im trying to fill my swimming pool in etc )

[ame]

[/ame]

post-448-13585943411857_thumb.jpg

post-448-13585943412381_thumb.jpg

post-448-13585943412953_thumb.jpg

post-448-13585943413537_thumb.jpg

post-448-1358594341428_thumb.jpg

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not sure but from the colouring / size she could be a northern inuit dog.( shepherd / husky mix). But a beautiful gilrlie. This is a inuit dog i know , but a male , yours dosen't have such a thick coat as him but they look kind of similar, its the dog sat down in front of the camera

MarchSocial059.jpg

ok well to my knowlage.. i used to know a women they called the "Wolf Lady" she used to breed malamute and wolf hybrids. now the long legs on her and her facial expressions, with the longer snout, makes her look like she has wolf in her. and her tail staying down. In all the pictures i dont think her tail was up, like usually when they are focused or running their tail sticks straight out. Like in the first picture with her focused out in the distance.. Her tail would be curled really high. ( as a siberian husky) Now dont lash at me but like i said this is to my knowlage...

ok well to my knowlage.. i used to know a women they called the "Wolf Lady" she used to breed malamute and wolf hybrids. now the long legs on her and her facial expressions, with the longer snout, makes her look like she has wolf in her. and her tail staying down. In all the pictures i dont think her tail was up, like usually when they are focused or running their tail sticks straight out. Like in the first picture with her focused out in the distance.. Her tail would be curled really high. ( as a siberian husky) Now dont lash at me but like i said this is to my knowlage...

LOL i won t lash out or bite :P im glad to get as much info as possible as i dont want to end up putting her on a diet at any point because she is heavy :P ill deffo never get her groomed if she is hungry aswell as grooming angry.

Ill try and take some more pics while dry when i can . but she is camera shy so ill have to get her at right time.

but she does have a long snout and her legs are long but they are very chucky but it doesnt show in them pics.

all i do know after talking to my mother is both parents did look like husky / wolf looking thats her way of telling my.

She used to breed german sherpards many many moons ago and she said they were defo not them.

father had blue eyes mother had brown . and litter had some blue eye pups but they were male and she wanted to get me a female so mines brown.

Thx for replies its giving me some insight

(the only thing i know about the breeders are they moved to England about 1-2years ago from canada) im gussing their dogs came with them as they had a few of them some older then 2 years

anyway imm keep reading

Thx again

Im off to buy a furminator and give her a good grooming get rid of some of that puppy fur.

Mums found the address of the breeder so ill try contact them or visit them when i visit my mum and see whats what.

oh excellent news!! Keep us posted!

Good luck with the furminator - we want before and after pics lol

I would say GSD mix too, purely to the markings, coat and size. The only way you can be sure to get a more exact result is to have a DNA test done like this - http://www.dog-dna.com/ or to ask the breeder.

Let us know how it goes and if you get in touch with the breeder, Laskia is still very beautiful and we wouldn't kick you off the site just because your girl isnt pure husky

When I first saw the pics, I thought husky/GSD mix. She looks so much like my girl Nannuq who came out of a pound aged 5 months, we don't know what she is either though, we used to think sibe/GSD, now I think mal/GSD.

Hey, if she isn't a siberian husky, you could always say she's an Alaskan Husky, best sled dogs in the world them;) She's gorgeous, whatever she is.

Regarding her markings though, it is surprising the different colours that sibes come in, have you checked out this site http://www.huskycolors.com/ some of the sibes on there don't look like sibes purely because of their colouring.

Hi all

Thx for your replies gives me lots to read . Ive had a good look about and asked many questions and still not realy sure what breed she is if not a sib as she was sold as . But mum said the advert said pure husky for sale which doesnt mean she is a siberian . but as i said before it doesnt matter to me what she is but to put my mind at rest im going to have a dna test done.

KC are going to do it just got to wait for a dna pack to come etc. I shall keep you posted and when i get the test back i should post them all.

Maybe we could have a competition and guess the top 3 breeds that are in her dna ;)

My guess would be Malamute x Siberian ( the siberian being a wooly type breed )

She's a lovely looking dog! My guess would be that she's part German Shepherd. Siberians can come in a range of colours, but she doesn't look pure Siberian to me.

One of her parents could have been pure Siberian and one could have been a Siberian/GSD cross (which could be why your mum didn't recognise the GSD).

I personally wouldn't trust a breeder who just 'says' that both parents have papers - it really doesn't mean much unless you get AKC pedigree papers with your pup.

I wouldn't worry too much about it though, she looks like a lovely girl and as long as you and she are happy that's all that matters :)

Mark, have you got any side view photos of Laska? Just wondering if being a possible GSD mix she may have the GSD stand, just a thought she might not though

Here is a side view of her although a little wet and grass in the way i will try get a a better one today and post it

Ive added another and im placing a short video of her in the garden

Please ignore the mess im doing work out there filling in the swimming pool ect

post-448-13585943419044_thumb.jpg