Is tea bad

We tend 2 treat our ladies like humans and i'm worried it may not always be good 4 them. In the morning when we have tea my husband makes them with watered down milk and a little sugar. Is this bad.:o

Skylah also luvs her jam and toast. She doesnt get it often. maybe once a week, and then only a few small pieces of toast. How bad if this.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sugar is not a good thing for dogs. Once they develop a taste for it, it's hard to break them away from it. Too much sugary or starchy foods can lead to diabetes in a dog, so keep that in mind. Aside from that, feeding them human food too often entices begging. To be honest, we gave our last dog some "special treats" (mostly carrots, peas, beef, or chicken), and she did fine. Never any bread, or sugary foods though.

good reply Dave, added to rep

Good link Nix, added to rep

We have a guilty concience at our home! Jamie's dad knows that its not good for them to have tea (He has 3 sugars in his, which he give the dogs!!!!!) as I have told him time after time after time that they cannot have tea.

Tea contains caffine along with other "ingrediants" which can become toxic to a dogs digestive system at a certain quantity (which I am not 100% sure off).

I always say "Just because dogs become a member of the family does not mean that they can be treated like a human" remember a dogs digestive systems run differently to ours! Dogs can have raw food, we can't eat everything raw; Dog eat bones, we dont eat bone; we can eat chocolate, dogs can't/shouldnt eat cocolate etc etc!

Oh gosh, never even thought of the caffiene. That is extremely bad for dogs, moreso than for humans.

There can be so many things bad for Dogs but at the end of the day little treats here and there wont do much harm. Every Dog is different and what you might find agrees with your Dogs may not with another but you will soon find out what upsets youur Dogs tummy fast (runny poo)

Some Sibes That have had a life with very bad diet has lived to a very ripe age of 13 and others that have a healthy diet may not live as long (This is not always the way) but just giving you a example

Very Good answers tho added to everyone Reps :D

• 3 weeks later...

Kiki will try and drink your tea or caramel coffee if you don't watch her, but her favourite is apple Hi Juice. Mum made the mistake of leaving it on the arm of her chair when she got back Kiki had drunk most of it.

We never give our dogs human chocolate and I saw a news piece yesterday about a lady whose black lab stole 3 bars while she wasn;t looking and died 4 hours later. There are so many things that dogs cannot and should not eat, but I suppose its like a human, there are things we shouldn't have also but we still eat or drink them!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I also have a tea fiend I have a cuppa first thing in the morning and if I get up for any reason and leave it on the computer table shes up on the sofa and drinking out of the cup like a flash, every time I catch her I scream at her and she knows its naughty cause she gets that "HAHA!" Husky look on her face like "well if you didnt want me to have it why did you get up?" Little monkey!

Now I'm a bit confused! (I know, it doesn't take much! Thought I'd get it in there first!)

That link of what not to give dogs states don't give them raw eggs or bones (poultry) - now, I don't feed mine barf but they do get chicken wings a few times a week & I know from another thread some of you give raws eggs once a week for the coats, etc .... so, is it safe or not?

Now, Marijuana I can understand - that's an easy one even for me! But what about the others mentioned above?

• 2 weeks later...

i give kira raw chicken bones all the time, she loves wings, but when i told a tutor at college (apparently a vet nurse) this she looked worried and said never give any chicken bones :confused:

Dont mean to sound rude, vets are good at there jobs but when it comes down to a husky they know nothing, our vet admitted that they just treat them like anyother dog, she was shocked when we told her what Grey eats, the whole never off lead thing, bless her she kept a notes for future huskies she might see and said she will research them more......

yea i suppose thats because unless they own one or go out of their way to research the breed they dont learn about them, vet courses just cover cats, dogs and small animals, they dont go into detail about breeds. but then cant any dog eat BARF?

Cypra has a real taste for tea, but I do not put sugar or any other additives in my tea. I usually let her take a few laps out of my mug when she comes by but that's about it. Based on what I've read online, as long as the tea doesn't have caffine in it, it doesn't have that much of a negative effect on the dogs. I am a fan of blueberry tea, Cypra personally likes peach tea :D

lol I have not given Tala any human food as of yet though one night she decided she liked the look of nan's drink which was whiskey and coke and perched herself against a chair to get at it... she did sleep well that night, didn't get up for an extra hour the next morning!

no i had a lengthy discussion with her about it and in the end told her to go and see someone down in the kennels who i first heard about BARF from, as i know she feeds whole chicken carcasses to her staffs. she would not believe me tho and as i had kira in that day she looked at her and said something like 'you poor thing, not getting fed the right food....' then she went on to tell me to feed her hills, bakers or pedigree, which i personally think is a load of shizz lol...