blowing coats...

Gankez

i think duke is trying to grow someone to play with... i dont even bother tryin to get the fur off me anymore ive decided its just a part of who i am now lol.

got the furminator the other day in the mail... seems like it'd be a great brush for a normal dog but this guy is a little fur monster...

lol love em tho ;)

any idea when this is gonna stop? lol

*edit*

and i just realized i put this in the completely wrong spot im sorry ;\

OMG I'm sooooooooooo glad i'm not the only one at the moment!!! lol

I look like a husky at the moment :rofl: Kimba is currently blowing his coat and has been doing for a week now, he looks homeless lol

I think it lasts up to about 3 weeks (fingers crossed thought it's less lol)

Gotta love em though!!

lol well im assuming hes blowing his coat (please god let this be the case) ive never had a husky before but when i got him he was in the pound for 5 days... no shedding at all could barely pull fur off em. but for the past 2-4 weeks its been snowing in the room lol

lol i sit down and brush him while watchiing a movie so at least a good hr and a half every other day and hes still shedding like i dont touch him lol

but ya def good to know im not alone ;)

gotta say tho i wouldnt trade em for anything

no lol me neither, Kimab's really not keen on being brushed so I don't have the luxury of spending that long brushing him - eek - hope that doesn't mean it's going to last for double the amount of time it should!!! :cry:

It floats everywhere doesn't it - i found fluff in my tea earlier !! :confused:

(moved thread to husky questions for you :up: )

ah duke loves it hes a big teddy bear he'll lay there and get loved on for ever. its interesting tho cause he doesnt just get up and walk off... when hes tired of it he'll sit there till i stop but once i do hes up and layin in the hall

as far as it lasting double the time my theory is they'll keep blowing their coat no matter what so brushing em while they are in the process will just keep the fur from taking over your house... i figure when hes done he'll stop and one final brushing should get em fixed up. im still tryin to keep up on it tho cause it is everywhere lol. i seriously just saw some float by my face lol *got the fan on*

btw thnx for the move ;)

Me too!!!!!!! Saskia is just at the end of blowing hers but being short furred it is a little easier!!!! lol . Had fur on toast this morn with a little jam lol.

She nearly finished now and lasted just over 2 weeks!!! but Wolf!!!!! well thats another story , he lasts about 3 to 4 weeks and looks like a lost dog and thin !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate it when he blows his and him being long furred and large main !!!! well you can imagine how stupid he looks . Oh well lots of furry cuddles I guess.

Hey I save there fur and make cushions!!!!

haha all you peeps that have it to come. Think the way I do, theres always someone who is much worse off ;) My 3 went one after the one at the start of the year and marley has just finished and now Gizmo is shwoing signs that he is about to start again - trust me its never ending! Imagine how Phil W feels with 20 or so sibes, rather him than me lol 3 is plenty enough to brush!

Gizmo and Marley LOVE brush time, they will instantly roll over and go to sleep. The problem I have with Marley and Gizmo is getting them to swap sides of lay on their front so I can brish their back :rolleyes:

Bandit likes to be brushed but he like to play at the same time which can make it rather difficult when he is blowing is coat! If he aint blowing his coat then I will play with him and when I can run the brush through him but if he is blowing I need him to stay still so I can make sure I reach all the areas! What I do is I will take him for a nice long walk and tire him out and if need be play around the house with him until he wants to sleep then I will put either a chill out album on or some reggae and he will relax so I can the brush him.

One thing not to do if force them to stay still or get brushed as that will make it unpleseant and you will be setting yourself up for disaster! You wanna make grooming time pleasent so thay are more likely to relax and will chill out and are more likely to bond with you also.

If Duke doesnt relax try what I do with Bandit and play with him, walk him, mess around with him maybe do some training with him and when he decides he wants to sleep let him start to relax and start at his back end first and talk to him also so he knows your there and no harm is going to come to him and if need be put some music on that he will relax to like chillout music or reggae etc :)

I seriously cant wait till he finishes blowin it all ..... Makes a mess LOL .....

Can brush it all up, and its their again in seconds.... Whether he's been groomed or not lol

think my neighbours are starting to get annoyed with me now lol......i groom him outside and the fur FLIES!!!!

Great - not in my house - am happy - BUT all over next door neighbours BLACK wash that they hung out earlier.....ummmmm....SOWWY!!!!!

PMSL at all you "rookies"!

I don't even recall having a beverage or meal without husky fur in it! And I believe every article of clothing I've worn in the past 14 1/2 years has been accented with fur. (I have a clothing brush in every vehicle, one in my purse, and one in my desk for the pesky stray pieces of fur that I don't find until I get there.)

And setting it out for the birds is guaranteed to please them... Each fall, we find several nests lined with Bo fur. He does his part for the smaller critters of the world.