Like watching tv? DON'T get a parrot!!!!

My GOD this bird does NOT shut up!!! I'm baby-sitting an african grey for the friends my family have gone on holiday with and he's a NOISY little git! Around the same time ever day (between 6pm and 9pm) he goes off on one and just screams and screams. I've finally managed to shut him up for a while by spraying him with water (not as a punishment before anyone worries - for him it was a shower and he's now quietly preening himself). I just know he's going to start up again though T_T

So yeah...if you have neighbours, like watching tv or don't want your ears to be constantly ringing....don't get a large parrot!!! And if you must, only speak to it, don't ever encourage it to whistle XD

Even hearing that I still want one! My husband got home from training this morning and I told him how much I'd love a parrot and he has said he'll put up with any other creature but he won't stand a parrot :cry1:

I'm sure I can work on him, maybe I'll just have to settle for a sweet little Senegal like your Zuri! Just saw that vid on youtube of Zuri saying boogie boogie and acting all silly! She's brilliant!

She is! :D Having had this african grey here has made me sure I chose the right species when I got Zuri. I love african greys, but the smaller species are definately for me - smaller birds but definately bigger characters! :P