Saw a good Horror movie last night, first in furrever!

Seems like they've gone away from true horror and went different directions. A horror movie in my mind should be creepy, scary have a good plot, do well on creature-feature without relying on CG or be cheesily done-AND should have good scores and music throughout. An example would be the unedited version of the original Exorcist. The movie I'm writing this about I would recommend to you is-INSIDIOUS to me it epitomizes a good horror movie-to include the opening where it shows the name of the movie, as well as the ending-which isn't predictable-hope you guys get to see it, if you already have not! :yikes::evil: ~Attila

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you better be right. I;ll try to watch it tonight and hopefully wont be able to guess the ending half way through the movie. horror movies come in different flavors. you have the gory, psych thrillers, and action pack movies. I'm guessing insidious is the thriller kind of movie.

we watched season of the witch last night.....rancid piece of movie!

Thanks for the reccomendation.

Love a good Horror

and I agree the Exorcist is one of my ALL time favourite horrors.

I shall have a hunt around the interweb and see if I can erm. . .ahem. . find an example. . . lol :)

I very rarely watch horror films now a days as simply they arent horror lol. I am sick of teen horrors as you seen 1 you seen them all and also modern possesion films as they are so not scary. The problem is I think they rely too much on visual effects now rather than twisting, working and playing the mind. Now films that do that are scary :o

Watched it last night.

Very good.

No "Gore" to speak of just a good few "Shocks"

and "Spine Chiller" moments. :)

So, on your recommendation I watched Insidious. You were right! Very much worth seeing. Certainly the best one I've seen in a long time. I also totally agree that modern day horror has become crap. I loved the dark hallways with the background music ramping up your heartrate. Good film. A lost art.

i loved it but when i actually stopped lookin away at scary parts n looked i actually laughed ! :S i thought the charactors werent scary ... the build up and the way its potraided , the music ect is what makes it soooo scary but the evil people init are poorly done i thought , and trust me im a big baby !! i only looked cos i had a glimpse of it and got intreged to as what it looked like , a film i really like for a first time watch is quarenteen , i seen it in the spanish version first and for people who are willing to read the subtext i think it makes it better as u get so intreged readin u dont have a chance to miss the jumps , also for a gruesom disgusting film has anyone seen the human centipede? x