Husky pup :-/

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chloe I def reccomend you take u Hannahs offer (if possible) and go to the meet, They are fantastic fun and a great oppurtunity to see what cool things u can do with ur husky, how they behave and how majestic they look in the flesh :D

I agree, go and see them for yourself sweety.

Were in belfast haha Thanks a lot anyway But I'm sure my dad could take me :D

Thats great! Your actually closer to Larne than I am then. Well there is a meet on the promanade apparently on saturday, possibly afternoon, early evening. If you join the group on facebook you can follow meet times yourself. Also I reckon a few of the other owners will know of some decent litters available.

Thats great! Your actually closer to Larne than I am then. Well there is a meet on the promanade apparently on saturday, possibly afternoon, early evening. If you join the group on facebook you can follow meet times yourself. Also I reckon a few of the other owners will know of some decent litters available.

What's the group called?

I would love to go!

Chloe you are insane if you think being 13yrs of age your going to be able to maintain a reasponsable ownership for the next 15yrs. I'm not saying your dumb but in 5yrs when your 18 or even more than likely befor and want to experience life and change circle of friends which everyone does what will happen to that 4-5yr old dog? they dont settle down. Where will you get the money to bail your dog out everytime it ends up in the pound? These dogs climb trees and can escape in unexplainable ways. How about rego fees? and vet costs? have you got a job? You will be reasponsable for the next 15yrs if that dog gets into a fight and hurts another dog or even a person. you will be reasponsable if that dog gets out and is hit by a car and you'll be reasponsable if a letter ever comes to you saying that the dog will be disposed of or distroyed.

Your the one that will have to live with yourself if you let this puppy down and i suppose everyone here has been 13,16,18,21, and know the basic changes that you will be looking at as growing up. We all very much love our dogs and we all know how hard it really is to maintain them. So saying I've done my homework and i've wanted one for mths dosnt cut it. you have done your reasearch it would show a lack of insight to get one at your age without the proper dedication and support from you parents. Its like owning a dingo.

Chloe you are insane if you think being 13yrs of age your going to be able to maintain a reasponsable ownership for the next 15yrs.

I'm sorry, but imnho you're way over the cuff here. There are 13 yo's going on 30; there are 13 yo's going on 2 - to suggest that she might not be responsible, given all the information that she's been given is one thing - to say that she's insane because she's willing to work on this type of commitment is quite another.

Chloe you are insane if you think being 13yrs of age your going to be able to maintain a reasponsable ownership for the next 15yrs. I'm not saying your dumb but in 5yrs when your 18 or even more than likely befor and want to experience life and change circle of friends which everyone does what will happen to that 4-5yr old dog? they dont settle down. Where will you get the money to bail your dog out everytime it ends up in the pound? These dogs climb trees and can escape in unexplainable ways. How about rego fees? and vet costs? have you got a job? You will be reasponsable for the next 15yrs if that dog gets into a fight and hurts another dog or even a person. you will be reasponsable if that dog gets out and is hit by a car and you'll be reasponsable if a letter ever comes to you saying that the dog will be disposed of or distroyed.

Your the one that will have to live with yourself if you let this puppy down and i suppose everyone here has been 13,16,18,21, and know the basic changes that you will be looking at as growing up. We all very much love our dogs and we all know how hard it really is to maintain them. So saying I've done my homework and i've wanted one for mths dosnt cut it. you have done your reasearch it would show a lack of insight to get one at your age without the proper dedication and support from you parents. Its like owning a dingo.

You have no right to say that and you CLEARLY haven't read all the posts

I get paid £10 a week for doing a job and get pocket money

And I know I will be responsible. Your just thinking of the stereotype teenager and I'm not one of them

I'm sorry, but imnho you're way over the cuff here. There are 13 yo's going on 30; there are 13 yo's going on 2 - to suggest that she might not be responsible, given all the information that she's been given is one thing - to say that she's insane because she's willing to work on this type of commitment is quite another.

I'm saying that this is really going to be her perents calling the shots for some time. So I hope they know what they are in for otherwise i cant see her having the dog for life.

You have no right to say that and you CLEARLY haven't read all the posts

I get paid £10 a week for doing a job and get pocket money

And I know I will be responsible. Your just thinking of the stereotype teenager and I'm not one of them

what are you talking about you still have yrs of being a teenager. who knows what will happen but alot of things will change for you over those yrs if you like it or not.

what are you talking about you still have yrs of being a teenager. who knows what will happen but alot of things will change for you over those yrs if you like it or not.

Agreed. I really wanted a dog when I was that age, and I had the capability to take care of one, but not a husky and with me growing up, I soon got in to going out with my friends and hanging around after school. Heck Aleu's had me crying in the past and I'm 20 years old.

Stacey xxx

I think what he's saying is that last couple of exchanges haven't been productive. When conversations reach the point that this one has, both (or all) protagonists need to step back, take a deep breath and think about what they're saying and how they're saying it.

We, humans, tend to read a lot into peoples expressions; we don't have that here so we see what *we* see not necessarily what the other person intended when it was written.

I've tried to comment a couple of other times and the exchange has been so fast that I haven't.

okay, everyone, back to your corners! It's time for a time out (( excuse me mods, please ))

im very lucky when i was 13 i got my first dog - bings a staffy x - im lucky he wasnt a strong dog like a husky - cuz once i started work at 17 when i left school my mum had to walk him - as my dad worked too so couldnt walk him - my mum cant hold blaze because hes sooo strong - even i struggle some times - even tho im training him not to pull he has his moments where hes just in that mind set - i have been responible for bings since day 1 - but without my mum being there to walk him - im not sure how we would have coped with a dog who was only getting 1 walk a day - specially as by the time i got home from work i was shattered n all i wanted to do was sit down n rest - but i HAD 2 walk my dog - im not saying its impossible to have a dog at 13 - we still have bings n apart from the barking hes perfect imo, however if my mum hadnt of been on board (even tho she never liked dogs either) theres just no way i would have been able to cope - i would make sure your mum is 100% on board for helping you out with ur husky - if/when you get one and that she can walk it as when ur older and working - or at college all day - you might end up with the husky chewing ur home up and i know how horrible it is when that happens - we nearly ended up rehoming skyla because of her chewing but i managed to get her back on track - im very lucky now that my jobs allow me to be at home pretty much all day for them - and when i am at work some1 is in with the dogs - otherwise theres no way we would be able to keep them if they didnt have company n got bored hyper and destructive

if u need me to i can list most of the damage skyla has done - i cant remember it all shes destroyed soooo much!

But your practically saying I can't take care of one and I know I can and I will be dedicated to it and I am to all my animals.

I am not saying you wont love it you will i know that. I am just saying that you will find it difficult there is just alot yet for you to do in life. your life will be changing over the next few yrs and the dog needs structure. it will be your perents dealing with all of the big issues untill you become legally respossiable and stable anyway. Sorry chloe I just look at my husky and it pulls on my heart strings because you really do give so much to these dogs they really become a big part of your family life she like a child. Every time you move you have to have a house and your dog is likly to get out in the new yard. even going away on holidays you need friends or family with a yard you trust but you'll find you wont trust any yard to keep a husky they are just so determind. most of my problems with kia is when we move i have a cattle elc fence around a solid fence to keep her in and when she wants to she still finds new and might i say amazing ways to get out. On the weekends if i go anywhere i try and take her with me. last week she got out of my friends yard and i still dont know how she did that. life doesnt always go to plan and you need to be ready to support you and your dog. I dont know how many times i've cried because i cant find her but i will tell you when i come home from work and she hears my house keys she does this excited wimper and if i dont hear that my heart drops before i open the door. I really do think that if you have your parents long term support and deadication then good for you but if you dont they might not like the extra excitment of a husky. Thats all.

I'll tell you one thing i wouldnt change kia for anything in the world.

your right i didnt read all of the posts what other animals do you have?

Maybe you should have read her other posts before you commented, saying that, what you say makes a lot of sense.

Chloe honey just go to the meet and meet the dogs and try walking a adult dog and see how you get on, that way you will know if you can handle one and be strong enough, my 13 year old can walk 30kg Marley no probs but he is a biggish lad. That's my advise as we all seem to be going round in circles, lots of reasons to get one but shit loads of reasons not too, meet up, maybe take your dad too and then sit down as a family and make a collective decision.

Whatever you do good luck and get good exam results!!!