Would have have a different breed??

All this talk about getting another breed/another dog is ramping up my puppy cluckiness!

I visited my ESS breeder recently and she had a litter of seven week old pups there :) gosh it was tempting to steal one! Unfortunately they were all spoken for, her waiting list is 12 months long :(

5546348827_4f655b2f07_z.jpg

What they spent most of the time doing (and they were clean before they got let outside!)

5546887634_8ee138f7b7_z.jpg

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have always had dogs since getting married... mum wouldn't allow us dogs when little :( We've have GSD two off when the children where little and then when we sadly lost those we decided a smaller dog would be easier...:eek: we got a Lhaso Apso who we had for 15 years... although being allergic to dogs meant i had to be careful when stroking or brushing them..

Then my daughter suggested huskies... wow what a change!!! wouldn't look back though as boy they don't affect my allergy :D only seems to be when they are in season... so don't think i would have any other type of dog now, although do like springers :D

I'd always have to have what I call a "dog sized dog", small doggies just don't "do it" for me i'm afraid.

My first dog was a lab/gsd/chow and losing him to tonsil cancer at just 9 broke my heart. Also had a terrier x who looked like a long hair jrt but was the size of a greyhound?!?!?! never bonded with her bless her - don't know if it's because I'd already decided to leave my ex-husband and knew I'd have to leave her (even if it did take another 4+ yrs!)

Went to see 5 different dogs at RSPCA Birmingham last October but knew the second I saw Taiya she was the one - we'd been hoping for a husky type anyway so her being a akita/husky was a bonus, but it was her eyes and look rather than breed that did it!

When we got Blue it was a definite choice to get a husky. He was the third one we'd met that week and again I knew straight away (the first one almost tripled the price when we said yes, the second one was only controllable by the 5 year old daughter)

So suppose i'm saying it's not the particular breed that does it, although i obviously have a soft spot for huskies, but it's the instant gut reaction when you meet

I must say, if I ever get another dog, I'm waiting until the sad day when all 3 of my current dogs are gone, I will be getting one chihuahua puppy. My Chi boy has so much personality and he has brought me so many memories and days of laughter, I can't imagine life without a Chi now. I don't care that he's a ratty little thing, or that he has googly big eyes, he is the best friend I could ever have!

agreed! My friend has a Nova called Raya. She's beautiful! Great agility and obedience dog and just a wonderful nature!

here is Raya as a puppy on her first beach walk!

[ATTACH=full]14850[/ATTACH]

oh WOW look! so gorgeous - tell ur friend i am very envious of her for having such a gorgeous little bundle :)