Would have have a different breed??

Having Henry here has reminded me how much I miss having an offlead dog, just ambling through the fields/woods not having to worry about stepping over leads or untangling them from trees :rolleyes: Its just so.... relaxing!

As much as I love my fruit loops to bits, and wouldnt change them for the world, there are other breeds I adore as well, mainly border collies :wub:

So would you ever have another breed? if so what ones?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yuri is 1/2 Border collie which was the main reason we got him as I grew up around them. I'd have a Border collie any day of the week, they are real sweet natured and I love how mad they are. I might have a German Shepherd too. I'd love a Saraloos but I don't know enough about them to say i'd have one.

I've had many different breeds over the years....Norwegian Elkhound, lab, rat terrier, poodle and my beloved huskies. Thanks to Bo, I don't think I'd ever want another breed. Rynnie is the blue/brown eyed love of my life (she had big shoes to fill and is doing a wonderful job of it - so different, yet so much like my first)

I know what you mean though - sometimes, if only for a moment, I remember the fun of having an offlead dog..............but, nawwwwww - I wouldn't change it for the world.

a samoyed or a GSD , before we got the huskies dad wanted a rottweiler but mum wasnt keen and ovcorse we have bings aswell - so i would deffo rescue another staffy/staffy x

Rotties are nice.......our cross is the sweetest boy in the world.

I've never met a rottie who wasn't a sweetheart.

Come to think of it, if I didn't have a husky, guess a german rottie would be ok.

If not a Husky, probably a Cairn Terrier. We had a Cairn Terrier years ago, and she was a pretty neat little dog.

T

If not a Husky, probably a Cairn Terrier. We had a Cairn Terrier years ago, and she was a pretty neat little dog.

he best dog I ever had was a Cairn Terrier. Miss him like hell! But if I ever get another dog I'll be getting another Chihuahua. Paolo my chi X JRT is a fantastic little companion, and so easy to look after and train! I adore my huskies but after these guys, It'll just be two little tiny dogs for me! But thats a long way off yet!

I'm pretty well content with my Siberians - I love so much about the breed! If I were to consider any other breed, I might go for a Border Terrier (cute little dogs, smart, and not as noisy or overactive as many other terriers) or a Greyhound (another breed that generally can't be off-lead!).

I would probably have a Border Collie, Samoyed, GSD or an Airedale. I kinda have a GSD x Collie (Obe) who lives with my ex and he's got an excellent temperament and personality.

Given a choice I'm positive Polee would choose a Border Collie as she loves them

I already have a beagle as well and I am on a waiting list for a working line English Springer Spaniel that should arrive next year :)

I will definitely have another Sibe in the future but I love my boy so much I am worried I will compare them too much and it wouldn't be fair. Also, I want something with more prey drive than my Sibe has.

Rotties are nice.......our cross is the sweetest boy in the world.

I've never met a rottie who wasn't a sweetheart.

Come to think of it, if I didn't have a husky, guess a german rottie would be ok.

i know theres two that live near me n they are soooooooooo good! - but after all the horror stories you hear and having 2 younger brothers mum wasnt keen - i love um tho think they are gorgeous

IMO there are no bad dogs just bad owners.

My friend has a Rott/Akita cross and its the most fun loving dog I have every met and such a softie but strong as an ox and very very big lol

i know - we own a staffy x n im always going on about how its always deed not breed - but hey we ended up with our huskies thru not getting a rottie so im not complaining