strange behaviour

amba

for some strange reason all of a sudden amba has decided to attach herself to my leg!!

whereva i go she follows me,i sit down she sits with me , i get up to make a drink, she follows me then sits on my foot, i go somewhere else ,she is there by my side, i go to the loo, she try's to come in, we have had no changes to routines, no new faces ,everything is as was , any ideas why i have a husky attached to my leg permenantly all off a sudden i am puzzled

no we had her sterilized in jan as we didnt want to breed, she has been in season before that as the vets told us to wait till her first one, its quite comical really i am literally walkin round with her attached to my leg, she is the same in herself, full off life really playful, she just suddenly developed a likeing for my leg, just wondered if anyone else had encountered this at any point because its got us flumaxed

sorry Ive not heard of this before so probs wouldn't be able to help.

just found this article which looked very interesting http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A525304

This quoted part is in the article. You may find a possible answer here

It may get destructive when left alone, and may be particularly clingy when its owners are present. Do not mistake clinginess in a dog for insecurity. A clingy dog watches its owners carefully and follows them around the house because it does not trust them to be able to supervise themselves.

Willow my female is like this with me, me and Nathan often joke that she would live in my skin if she could!!

She isn't like it with anyone else and does not like Nathan or any of the other dogs to sit next to me, she is not aggressive just shoves her bum inbetween them and me!

I would not say there is anything wrong, perhaphs she just likes to be near you??

My boys couldn't care less and only follow me if they think food may be involved! LOL!

Sarah x

My experience with Bo is slightly different. He's never been clingy (as you're describing) but did prefer to be in the same room as me.

These days, he doesn't always follow me, but prefers to be situated where he can see me. We have an open floor plan and he can see the TV room, the livingroom, and the kitchen from his couch.

Hi,

since a couple of day after getting our puppy he started trying to bite the lead out of our hands. He starts growling and tries to nip and jump up. I grab his collar tight, sit him down and say 'no'. He also has been nipping at my youngest daughter (almost 9yrs) and I can even sense she's very nervous when he goes near her. Also he tries to sit on our feet or put his paws on our feet, I move him out of the way which has on 1 occasion caused him to 'protest'. He starts puppy obedience class on 3/6/09 but I would be really grateful for any hints, tips and advice please.

We rescued him 2 weeks ago, he's 10mnths old. His owner gave him up because he pulled too much on the lead causing a reoccurance of a back injury. This is his 4th home and we really want to do things 'right'. Sorry the message is so long but I've got loads to ask

Regards,

Ramona :o