umm how high can huskies jump exactly?

Gankez

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Smithy has jumped the fence a few times (albeit it's only 3 foot high in places) but the last time (new fencing put in) both he and Barry (pseudo Husky) got out and when they came back they both got a right rollocking from me and my wife, it was just like telling off little kids (what do you think you were doing, you could have got yourselves killed etc, etc and with the finger wagging) both sitting there with their ears down and now both have never done it since, not even when the Husky down the road came bounding in AND out of our garden (hope Smithy's not reading this)...

I've known friends huskies jump over 8 foot fences. I guess it depends on what type of huskie you have and how powerful they are. Huskies are very springy and good at rebounding so if you have a solid wall next to the fence they will prob be able to spring off that and up and over! If not i'd imagine they can't get over 8 foot!

=) thanks for all of the replys... ive had duke for about 2 days now and from what ive seen hes not a big jumper... when we were at the shelter he saw a dog in the other yard that he wanted to play with pretty badly... saw em hop up a couple of times to try and get over so unless he was just faking me out he doesnt got much jump in him... i do think he could get over the back wall if he really wanted to but if he does he'll land in the neighbors yard who is also fenced in so ill be over the wall after him before he can get anywhere lol

honestly atm im more worried about him tryin to eat the rabbit... lol thanks again

i love this thread, lol. mikito does what i call a hop over the 4ft fencing we have put around the flower beds as they are intent on destroying everything in the garden just for the sheer fun of it!!!! he sort of just hops over with all four legs. he does this in the field as well when he is chasing small mice through the long grass. neither of mine seem to bee interested in the fence around the garden though, which is 6 and7 ft in places. as someone else said, and sorry i can't remember your name,lol, they watch you and then repeat. Reno can open the bin by pushing the lid up with his nose, open the back door when he wants in and a gate that hasn't had a latch put on it yet in one of the fields we walk in, he now knows to push it and hes through!!!! mikito on the other hand does none of this, bless him.

My 2 dont attempt 2 jump the fence but i know they can jump really high when Saskia was in season Diesel jumped out the 6ft high run we got in the garden i watched him do it from a standing postion i was amazed, he hasnt jumped that high since as we have had Saskia spade

at first i was thinking duke couldnt jump too high due to how high ive seen em jump already. but then the other day i was running with him and i was like oh hes not that fast... lol later that day he wanted to play and took off around the yard making me change my mind so im thinking underestimating him would be a bad idea lol

at first i was thinking duke couldnt jump too high due to how high ive seen em jump already. but then the other day i was running with him and i was like oh hes not that fast... lol later that day he wanted to play and took off around the yard making me change my mind so im thinking underestimating him would be a bad idea lol

lmao at least he took off whilst in your yard and didnt take off somewhere else less secure.

• 5 months later...

LOL...good to know Im not the only one with a smarty pants dog. Chewy started testing boards on the fence to see if he could knock them loose and when that didnt work he tried to open the gate. Luckily for me theres a padlock on the fence. He digs but never tries to go under though...he must think that crawling under it is undignified or something LOL.