Formula One

Dave

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not sure if anyone saw it but there was an interesting comment in part of the live feed of the testing yesterday (I think, can't really tell what day it is atm!) where essentially, they asked Adrian Newey about it and essentially he claimed that McLaren already pursued a lower more aggressive front end to the chassis so the changes where not as big to them as the other teams, and then they said that it was his own designs from his McLaren days that began that he claimed that it was before the major spec changes a few years back and what applied then isn't applicable anymore!

So it will be interesting to see how the McLaren does perform and if it proves him right or wrong! Although I can't help but hope its the latter just because I don't want to keep seeing such ugly cars!

• 2 weeks later...

Something else for the TV diary on National Geographic this Thursday @9pm:

Megafactories

Season 6 Episode 11 of 12

Williams F1 A behind-the-scenes look at the Williams Formula One factory in Oxfordshire, where some of the most advanced engineering in the world takes place, and the FW33 model is created

http://www.tvguide.co.uk/detail.asp?id=116572606

Something else for the TV diary on National Geographic this Thursday @9pm:

Megafactories

Season 6 Episode 11 of 12

Williams F1 A behind-the-scenes look at the Williams Formula One factory in Oxfordshire, where some of the most advanced engineering in the world takes place, and the FW33 model is created

http://www.tvguide.co.uk/detail.asp?id=116572606

I vaguely remember having a tour when I was younger around there plant when it was in Didcot, although they were more open showing the touring car side then anything else. I remember they had a loft upstairs with a load of all the old F1 cars though. Oh how I would appreciate it so much more now!

Should be a good watch though, I cycle past there place sometimes and often wonder whats going on in there lol

This doesn't look good :(

Red Bull are flying out a new chassis for the final two days in Barcelona armed with a series of high-profile and critical upgrades as the testing season goes into dramatic overdrive.

Ted Kravitz told Sky Sports News: "It's not only parts, it's a whole new car that's being flown out from the Red Bull factory in Milton Keynes.

This doesn't look good :(

Red Bull are flying out a new chassis for the final two days in Barcelona armed with a series of high-profile and critical upgrades as the testing season goes into dramatic overdrive.

Ted Kravitz told Sky Sports News: "It's not only parts, it's a whole new car that's being flown out from the Red Bull factory in Milton Keynes.

Ffs! I hate redbull!

Ffs! I hate redbull!

Yeah, I can agree with that... lets hope it doesn't work...

Testing times @ 09:20:

1) Massa Ferrari 1:23.009 - 12 laps

2) Webber Red Bull 1:23.577 - 14 laps

3) Senna Williams 1:24.058 - 13 laps

4) Rosberg Mercedes 1:24.353 - 13 laps

5) Button McLaren 1:25.071 - 6 laps

6) Ricciardo Toro Rosso 1:25.164 - 13 laps

7) Perez Sauber 1:25.950 - 16 laps

8) Kovalainen Caterham 1:29.760 - 16 laps

Yeah, I can agree with that... lets hope it doesn't work...

Testing times @ 09:20:

1) Massa Ferrari 1:23.009 - 12 laps

2) Webber Red Bull 1:23.577 - 14 laps

3) Senna Williams 1:24.058 - 13 laps

4) Rosberg Mercedes 1:24.353 - 13 laps

5) Button McLaren 1:25.071 - 6 laps

6) Ricciardo Toro Rosso 1:25.164 - 13 laps

7) Perez Sauber 1:25.950 - 16 laps

8) Kovalainen Caterham 1:29.760 - 16 laps

u don't see that often 1) Massa Ferrari 1:23.009 - 12 laps

there is no doubt he will loose his job by the end of the season