• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sky sports f1 - dedicated channel

Also, if I'm reading this correctly. I get the channel for free as I have HD

http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/news/12433/7332332/Sky-Sports-launches-F1-channel

Saw this advertised in the paper this morning, instantly jarred me up! From what I read from it / into it, as a Virgin TV customer, despite paying to them via this for Sky Sports, Sky HD, Movies etc. the "Free" aspect won't apply to me...

So essentially the channel is created just to be leverage again, Nice one Bernie really take it to the fans. The funny thing is I would have happily paid more to contribute to keeping the BBC coverage how it has been...

Saw this advertised in the paper this morning, instantly jarred me up! From what I read from it / into it, as a Virgin TV customer, despite paying to them via this for Sky Sports, Sky HD, Movies etc. the "Free" aspect won't apply to me...

So essentially the channel is created just to be leverage again, Nice one Bernie really take it to the fans. The funny thing is I would have happily paid more to contribute to keeping the BBC coverage how it has been...

Although I don't know how your feeling as a Virgin customer, I completely agree with you about paying a little more to get the BBC to keep coverage... The craziest thing is that the BBC team are going to be at every race, commentating and presenting for the higglights they just wont be showing it

A good way for them to save some cah would be to not send the commentators to the race... Why can't they just watch it on a tv in the UK and commentate?

Am a virgin to :angel:

No really I would sooner pay sky than pay the tv licence as at least they are giving you a choice :(

Does seem a bit mental, but then probably those costs are negligible compared to the license to broadcast is live!

Am a virgin to :angel:

No really I would sooner pay sky than pay the tv licence as at least they are giving you a choice :(

Oh don't get me wrong I don't mean I'd want a higher TV License! Thats what makes it worse though the amount they must spend on utter rubbish!, But for instance something like Strictly Come Dancing that I would have no interest in I'd assume by having the phone voting must recoup quite a bit of the costs, so surely they could work something, Maybe take a bit of broken wing and get it signed and charge £1.50 to enter to win it? lol

Didn't see this one coming: http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/news/12471/7377743/All-change-at-Toro-Rosso

Toro Rosso have replaced drivers Sebastien Buemi and Jaime Alguersuari with Red Bull Junior drivers Daniel Ricciardo and Jean-Eric Vergne.

Next season will be the first time since the 2006 campaign that the Faenza-based squad will start a season with two new drivers.

Didn't see this one coming: http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/news/12471/7377743/All-change-at-Toro-Rosso

Toro Rosso have replaced drivers Sebastien Buemi and Jaime Alguersuari with Red Bull Junior drivers Daniel Ricciardo and Jean-Eric Vergne.

Next season will be the first time since the 2006 campaign that the Faenza-based squad will start a season with two new drivers.

when i saw this my first though was - They are Stupid to release Jaime Alguersuari! time will tell i guess....

• 2 weeks later...