New here from NE Pa.

Anyone else in my area?

I'm Sandy, mother of 7 kids and fur mom to 2 Siberians and a Rottie (Nico). We rescued our 2 yr old (Hokee) from Harness to Hope and our 5 yr old (Zihna) from Tails of the Tundra. I volunteer with Tails and am going to try my hand at fostering. Anyone here foster? Before my two rescue's, I had Nakita. She died at age 15 in June of 07. :*(

Our Zihna has been experiencing seizures so I have been researching natural aids to help her, which lead me to a Epileptic dog site, which lead to raw feeding, which lead me to here. SOOOOO here I am! I look forward to meeting others and hope I can find some that live near me. :)

Sandy:laola:

Hi Sandy and welcome! We have a rainbow bridge where you can put Nakita's picture, it's so hard to lose them

My big boy Mukki has head tremors but not seizures. I started raw feeding this weekend and we are enjoying it very much!

I work with Southern Siberian Rescue in Raleigh. I adopted 2 from them and tried my hand at fostering but fell in love and adopted them too LOL now I have 4. I'm too much of a softy so I am limiting my volunteer work to doing their web site!

hi welcome to the site sorry to hear about ur sibe that passed i look4ward 2 getting to no u and ur sibes and ur rottie too :D feel free to post ANY questions u like and to post a reply to any u feel u no about dnt wrry if u think ur questions or answers are silly either that is after all how we learn :) enjoy it! join in! and have fun!

hi welcome to the site, sorry to hear about nakita, 15, wow good age :) I bet you had many a happy time together :-

Wow - 7 kids!!!!!! lol don't envy you

Look forward to seeing you around and looking at some pics :)

Hi Sandy,

Welcome to the Forum. We help run The Siberian Husky Welfare Association here in the UK, so we foster quite a lot. Tails of the Tundra are a brilliant organisation and their reputation goes well beyond the US.

My wife and I have 8 kids between us (previous marriages etc) - but luckily most have grown up and left home - our youngest is 16. Mind you, now we've got 4 grandchildren to entertain!!

Mick

Hi sandy and welcome, hope you enjoy the site as much as i do . Sorry to hear about zihna, i had a rotti years ago now and she had seizures , i let her in the end as could not bare to see her go through it anymore she was 11 1\2 when she went. my vet was great and without him dont no how i would have coped. sad day ..