Hello from Kent

Hi everyone. I have just joined the owners club. I am waiting to collect my little girl, so I do not really know anything about the breed at the moment....think I have lots to learn lol.

I have had a dog...Cavalier King Charles (Alfie) for just under 9 years, but unfortunately he passed away last week. My boyfriend was really keen for us to get a Husky as he works nights, so I am left on my own in the house now 4 nights a week :sad_smile:

We are due to pick her up on Wednesday 25th March :) but I can not decide on a name for her. I will post up some pictures once we have her home.

I am worried about all the horror stories I keep hearing about them wrecking peoples homes....I am hoping that as there will always be someone at home with her she won't get tooooo bored and destroy everything!!

Thank you to everyone who has sent me a welcome message. I look forward to talking to everyone on here and hopefully getting loads of advise :confused:

Shirl x

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi shirl, welcome to the site.

You'll find lots of info about the breed, be warned, they are not like other breeds!

Yes they can be destructive but not all of them are :)

I would seriously invest in Huskies for dummies book, arm yourself with as much knowledge as you can before the little one comes home lol

Looking forward to seeing your pics and to getting to know you around the site :)

Hi Shirl.... glad to see another Kent owner on here.... woohooo another southerner now maybe i wont feel so out numbered .... which part of Kent u from ???

feel free to look around and ask any questions you want we will all try our best to help you as much as we can..

Hi Shirl and welcome! Feel free to ask many questions! We are all here to help! They can be destructive, best bet is to keep them entertained and give them plenty of exercise (once he or she is old enough of course!). I hope your OH isnt thinking u are getting a gaurd dog with you being home alone...they're soft as a brush and will welcome evryone into your home!!!

Just remember we're all here to help you out....we've all been there with husky number 1!

And Rich..ure still way out numbered!

Yeah it was.....he developed a heart murmur when he was 2, but it only got bad Christmas just passed. He was on a lot of medication but not in any pain. Died in his sleep on Saturday. Loved him to bits...he was such a perfect dog. Missing him loads but I feel luckly that I got to spend almost 9 years with him, he brought me so much joy

No not far from Maidstone. Didn't hear about the site from anyone. Was just looking on website's for info and came across it. I have been told that they aren't guard dogs, and after going to the breeders house I can see they really are soppy. Just would be good to have the company at night, while Sam is at work

Hi Shirl, welcome aboard. Im a fairly new owner also! What i would suggest is that you do as much research as possible about the breed before your pup comes home - either here on this site through asking questions or the book as mentioned above and other sites.

I did a load of research but found that i got more direct information here on the forums!

Alex T your pup is soooo cute...I have found loads of info on here already just from looking through previous posts, but I will get the book as well.

Jackie62 it is good to have some local people on the site, I see you are in Tonbridge, so not far at all.

Everyone seems really friendly - thank you for all your messages and I will apologise in advance for all the questions I am going to be asking lol

This is what the site is for and to have fun ....you should ask marc about me and my problems with the computer lol ..everyone on hear are great and no you are not to far away we can meet up ...we work in gillingham at the bussiness park.

hi shirl welcome to site i have ony owned a husky for 6 weeks so am also new

jackie i posted some links on the music vids thread about that film you was looking for