Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1

KSNS

Ok i hate this entire series and yet here we go again more crap but Emma loves it so taking her to see it I can't stand this programe but got tickets last week to make sure can go watch it as i really need to catch up on sleep lol.

So people please tell me why is this so popular.

And what do you think of the potter collection

I will do a fair review when i get back later tonight in hope it is better tha the previous s**t

YzfEH0UPEBo&feature=channel

My daughter loves Harry Potter, I can't understand where I went wrong with the child. Her taste in music, movies and books is atrocious :lol: :lol: :lol: Just joking, she's a great kid, and as long as she doesn't expect me to go and watch Harry Potter with her, its cool :)

I love Harry Potter, too, although I have to admit I prefer the books to the movies! I've read the books several times, and each time I have, I've found something new in them I hadn't noticed before. I like how Ms Rowling hides clues (and red herring!) as to what will happen later on in the story, how the complexity and sophistication of the stories and the characters grow as you get through the various books and the kids age. I'm also a sucker for the happy endings (despite losses of various characters) for each book - and the triumph of good over evil! rolleyes.gif

I've not read any of the books, but I've seen all the films.

And, I've just got back from seeing the new film. I can't beleive it eneded where it ended!!

Gotta get people back in the theaters (and have them on the edge of their seats until then) when part 2 comes out! wink.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Saw Harry Potter at cinema yesterday. I thought it was ok but Jennifer wasn't to impressed.

The best part was when they camped on the rock causway.

Why did we like that : Because where it was shot was on the top of Malham Cove in Yorkshire. I took Buck lots of times across those stones, a lot of them are loose and rock when you stand on them. It showed you the cliff which I have climbed a few times (by rope).

I love all the Harry Potter books. I think J.K. Rowling is a really underrated writer. Most of the films are OK, but Deathly Hallows Part One was excellent! (I'm not sure if it would have made sense as a stand-alone movie though).

Most of the forest scenes were filmed in Swinley Forest, Bracknell, where we train our dogs - we had two years of disruption while the filming was going on.

Mick

I agree Mick - I have read and loved all the books and enjoy the films as well.

Mark likes to come and watch the film but constantly whispers to me throughout - why are they doing that? or who's he?. I think this one followed the book quite well unlike the Order of the Phoenix which in my opinion was a bit disjointed as they missed out huge chunks of the book.

Didn't know they filmed the forest scenes at Swinley Forest though, someone on the set must like or live in Bracknell as they used a house in Martin's Heron as the Dursley House in the first couple of films.