submissive/dominant behavior

met a new husky yesterday and it ran at blaze n growled at him n was on him n Blaze was on his back in a 2nd cryin like he was in pain n peed on himself is this the husky bein dominant and blaze submitting to him or was he scared n this dog bein nasty too him? i hope he wasnt as we r hopin to meet weekly for them to play together after a while they seemed fine but blaze was still very cautitious yet bing was fine wit the other husky n was jumpin at him n they were play fighting and everything

help please

met a new husky yesterday and it ran at blaze n growled at him n was on him n Blaze was on his back in a 2nd cryin like he was in pain n peed on himself is this the husky bein dominant and blaze submitting to him or was he scared n this dog bein nasty too him? i hope he wasnt as we r hopin to meet weekly for them to play together after a while they seemed fine but blaze was still very cautitious yet bing was fine wit the other husky n was jumpin at him n they were play fighting and everything

help please

If the dog was running up to him and growling he probably submissed because he was scared.

Dogs can submit to a more dominant dog out of respect, but from what you described that doesn't sound like the case at all. Especially because Blaze urinated - a typical sign that he was submitting because he was fearful.

It doesn't sound like a very well adjusted husky :(

If the dog was running up to him and growling he probably submissed because he was scared.

Dogs can submit to a more dominant dog out of respect, but from what you described that doesn't sound like the case at all. Especially because Blaze urinated - a typical sign that he was submitting because he was fearful.

It doesn't sound like a very well adjusted husky :(

what the other husky (Blue his name is) isnt very well adjusted? (he doesnt like bein stroked either) heres the thing when hes at home he isnt the dominate 1 the womans staffy is, Blue ran upto him n he was on top ov Blaze growling so blaze was crying out and peed i managed 2 shove the dog off blaze cuz i thought he was hurting him bingo was fine wit him but do u think that cud b cuz bingo is older and he wasnt afraid ov blue, cuz Blaze was scared off milo and khi when he 1st met them but they r m8s now lol but they didnt run at him then growl at him like blue did do u think i shud pass on meetin up wit her again as he growled at milo aswell but not bing but bing barked at Blue when he was growlin at bing like he was tellin him to back off he stood next to milo aswell?

what the other husky (Blue his name is) isnt very well adjusted? (he doesnt like bein stroked either) heres the thing when hes at home he isnt the dominate 1 the womans staffy is, Blue ran upto him n he was on top ov Blaze growling so blaze was crying out and peed i managed 2 shove the dog off blaze cuz i thought he was hurting him bingo was fine wit him but do u think that cud b cuz bingo is older and he wasnt afraid ov blue, cuz Blaze was scared off milo and khi when he 1st met them but they r m8s now lol but they didnt run at him then growl at him like blue did do u think i shud pass on meetin up wit her again as he growled at milo aswell but not bing but bing barked at Blue when he was growlin at bing like he was tellin him to back off he stood next to milo aswell?

Yep I meant the other husky... rushing up to another dog and growling at is not the behaviour of a well adjusted doggy.

Pack order at home can often have very little to do with how the dogs will interact with other dogs, the woman's other dog may be the boss at home but Blue can still be bossy or dominant (or it could even be fear aggression) towards other dogs outside of the pack.

I would definitely pass meeting up with them again, Blue does not sound like a very dog friendly dog.

Yep I meant the other husky... rushing up to another dog and growling at is not the behaviour of a well adjusted doggy.

Pack order at home can often have very little to do with how the dogs will interact with other dogs, the woman's other dog may be the boss at home but Blue can still be bossy or dominant (or it could even be fear aggression) towards other dogs outside of the pack.

I would definitely pass meeting up with them again, Blue does not sound like a very dog friendly dog.

i agree definately pass on meeting again and that is what i was trying to say smeagle by dog agressive i meant not friendly to other dogs your way is better way of saying it

great advice aswell smeagle added to rep

help please

OMG :eek: poor blaze! It sounds like Blaze was submissive to the other Husky (It wasn't Gizmo honest, he is still in Dorset). It sounds similar to how Gizmo is being with certain dogs at the moment but Gizmo only seems to be growling and in a dominant stand position not lunging towards them.

I would say the same as Smeagle, sounds like Blaze has submitted through fear and the other Husky, like Gizmo is being at the moment, is showing dominant (rude) dog behaviour.

Where was the other huskies owner? was he on leash, just going by the way you mentioned he ran at blaze and managed to pin him down. I would say try and arrange a meet again, like you have planned, but take it steady and avoid rewarding the wrong behaviours.

I dont know if you can remember but Bandit was attacked by Rudy (Sister in laws dog) when we walked them on Christmas and ever since Bandit has become much more submissive towards other dogs, which may happen to blaze aswell, I would recommend to keep an eye on him and look out for signs that he may start to attack through fear, which is what I do with Bandit he doesnt seem to become aggressive at the moment but I still keep an eye just in case as these things dont always happen straight away, if you follow me.

Sorry I cant really help much, but best of luck and keep us updated :)

well we had arranged 2 meet n she told me blue was fine wit other dogs he was off his lead at this point but she kept him on it afterwards here are sum pics ov blaze and blue near each other

n685166090_2050042_6667898.jpg

n685166090_2050044_3267911.jpg

this one was after a while

n685166090_2050045_5069459.jpg

here he is with bingo you can see the diff n yes i no bingo looks like a rather large rabbit lol

CIMG0838.jpg

Enough of blaze ... Poor bingo bein called a large rabbit .......

On a more serious note .... As said before it may even have been fear from Blue.. Do you know if Blue is used to being at those kinds of events as it may be the whole day thats caused it and nothing to do particularly with either blue or Blaze. Simply the situation.

Enough of blaze ... Poor bingo bein called a large rabbit .......

On a more serious note .... As said before it may even have been fear from Blue.. Do you know if Blue is used to being at those kinds of events as it may be the whole day thats caused it and nothing to do particularly with either blue or Blaze. Simply the situation.

ok 1st off lmao but he did look like a massive rabbit in that pic!

2nd i no he didnt like bein in the car so do u think that might ov caused it? tho bing h8s cars n hes never done that not sure if hes used 2 meeting up with other dogs i no he hasnt met another husky b4 tho do u think that cud ov bin it? maybe he felt threatend? do u think? he was fine wit bingo and she has a staffy at home tho bing is larger than a staff what do u think?

Looking at the pics, Blaze looks submissive, very similar to Bandit when Rudy is around. The other Husky looks similar to how Gizmo is with certain dogs but he doesnt attack (or should I say he hasnt attcked another dog yet, hopefully he wont!), he usually growls.

I would keep an eye on Blaze as being submissive can grow to fear aggression which you dont want. Was you feeling anxious or fearful? If so Blaze may have picked up on this and so reacted as you were feeling.

yeah thats what we r gonna do will let u no how it goes :) hope it goes well b a shame if they dnt get on wud b nice to have a little local husky (and bingo) meet lol

I hope it goes well too, give them a business card aswell and see if they join here then they could come to the meet up