What to do it....

PawPrints

maybe he realises or is worried that he isnt going to b gettin ur full attention anymore i wud maybe get her to play with him walk him with u let her hold the lead let her feed him n groom him n stuff like that if u do all that together he might realsie that hes gonna get twice the amount ov fuss n fun rather than not much anymore

We had one guy who fell so madly in love with his new girlfriend (who didn't like dogs) that he actually gave them up for adoption. Several months later, he came back on to us demanding his dogs back as his GF had left him and he realised what a dreadful mistake he had made. Unfortunately, of course, the dogs were by now really well settled in their new homes and there was no way in the world that we were going to disrupt that. It wouldn't have been fair on either the dogs or the family that had adopted them.

Moral of the story - dogs will love you forever (given the chance), partners might only be temporary.

Mick

We had one guy who fell so madly in love with his new girlfriend (who didn't like dogs) that he actually gave them up for adoption. Several months later, he came back on to us demanding his dogs back as his GF had left him and he realised what a dreadful mistake he had made. Unfortunately, of course, the dogs were by now really well settled in their new homes and there was no way in the world that we were going to disrupt that. It wouldn't have been fair on either the dogs or the family that had adopted them.

Moral of the story - dogs will love you forever (given the chance), partners might only be temporary.

Mick

OMG! How can someone do that, thats horrible. If I was in that situation Id tell them if they want me they have to want my boys too!

Fortunately, we got Gizmo (our first) when we were already together so didn't have this problem with our boys. However when me and Jamie first met I was living with my mum and step dad and we had a JRT cross (Rusty) who had a rather bad experience with my ex (psycho) and he didnt trust strange men after that and was very protective of me. When I came home with Jamie for the first time Rusty didnt like Jamie being close to me at all and would growl and snarl and sometime even snap at Jamie. After a few weekends of this happening I told Jamie that the next time he does snarl at him to pin him down which he did and had to do a few times but now Rusty is quite happy with Jamie being around me and they are good friends now.

If Dakota is not aggressive with your Girlfriend then you dont need to take the same approach we did with Rusty. As already mentioned I would to get your girlfriend involved with things like feeding, exercising and even grooming and playing games. Doing these kind of tasks can really help build a bond between person and dog and usually works wonders.