Do you think there is a lot of difference between boy and girl Huskies?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yup i think there is a difference, eventhough in a lot of sibe books it says bitches are more affectionate it's not always the case

Alaska (girl) is more affectionate in a way that if your ill or sad she wil lstick to you like glue and not demand to play and just be really sensitive, she's more intelligent and aware >> our boy is very clumsy lol

She is actually better at training as she really pays attention and loves to be training with you

Balto (boy) never leaves you alone and loves to sit by your feet:p he's more stubborn and takes the mickey sometimes:o >>> he is getting better at training but looses concerntration>>> he's more crafty>> if he thinks he'll get away with something he'll try it lol

I prefer bitches>> whether it's because i started with one i dont know but they do compliment each other, when alaska sods of to her den balto is always there >> also alaska is more suspicious of strangers >> she wont let everyone pet her head for example, balto is just a 'happy go lucky' kind of dog lol

But i love alaska and can kind of relate to her lol...strange hmmmm

def boys are easier to manage - parents had a mix when little and she was in all sense a bitch lol

my boy understands me - only living creature that does i think!

I can relate lol >>> but it's the girl that seems to understand me, were kind of the same...:confused: .... i like attention but not all the time, i like space to read and go on my comp, and sometimes we'll both be having space but in the same room, she doesn't need constant petting or even to be right by you and i dont need constant doggy kisses or hugs:cool:

she seems to really like the kind of people i like, funny, warm people with a good heart and she seems totally indifferent to people im not to keen on...i wont say any names lol

she can be a real bitch to balto though, being balto he sat on her during a play in the garden >> poor boy not knowing his own weight, and alaska spun round and bit him around his face giving him two bumpos that needed to be drained at the vets >> he had to go under:eek:

and if balto has got a treat she will take it...or try, she bites his ears and legs when he will just sniff her or give her a doggy kiss >>> she's a real bitch but we love her all the same, plus she is the alpha between the two..will always love bitches to dogs but need dogs to balance it out.:D

LOL i know, balto is so sweet natured but he really thinks he is still 7 weeks...such a baby:) and he will squish alaska and she doesnt seem to appreciate it lol, but the opp went okay and we got him nuetered at the same time...but he is all better again!! we just say HEYYY to alaska when she steals stuff from him but it doesnt stop her:confused:.....:rolleyes:

LOL i know, balto is so sweet natured but he really thinks he is still 7 weeks...such a baby:) and he will squish alaska and she doesnt seem to appreciate it lol, but the opp went okay and we got him nuetered at the same time...but he is all better again!! we just say HEYYY to alaska when she steals stuff from him but it doesnt stop her:confused:.....:rolleyes:

lol, I swear Marley and Bandit still think they are 7 weeks. Doesnt help that Marley knows exactly how to butter people up, he knows how to get away with everything, bless him ;)

My 2 are dad & daughter & they are total opposites, Saskia is always where i am, she is harder 2 train as she will only do wot she wants when she wants & she gets bored very very easy! She is very vocal so when she wants something she will howl the house the down lol. She wont leave my boy alone when there playing in the garden she constantly attacks him, but when it comes 2 food Diesel is the alpha he's only gotta bark/growl at er once & she's hiding behind me. When they both have treats Sas will sit by her all day warnin Diesel off it & when Diesel out the room she will pinch his! when we're walking shes like a loon lol, constantly pulling, she goes mad if Diesel is walkin infront of her & she is the 1 who starts the fights off with the dogs in the street! She is very lovin thou loves cuddles, belly rubs kisses. She's dont like strangers (mainly men) she howls at them & wont let them stroke her!

Diesel on the other hand is very chilled out/layed back, likes a fuss but not 2 much, he's easier 2 train as he gives me his full attention (he's food driven which helps lol). Loves strangers! He alot more jealous than Saskia if we're cuddlin he will come over & grab Sas round the neck & wen i'm playin with her! He walks alot better thou dont pull so much :) until we see any male dogs then he wants 2 fight with them lol!

My friend has 2 puppies when she brings them 2 my house they both love it Saskia will jst fight with the puppies & Diesel is more like a dad 2 em he barks at them if they're doin summat they shouldn't e.g - going in the bin. He wont let them near his food he is defo the alpha the puppies go in the subbmission postion everytime we meet, they know who's boss lol

• 2 weeks later...

Charger is a big scardy cat and goof. He's also one of the easiest dogs I've ever trained, because he is insanely easy to motivate.

Ari on the other hand is SO serious, especially for being a pup. I've found she does tend to be less biddable than him and more of a "I do what I want" kind of girl. We made a clicker training video in which she decides to lay down after every command and yawn as if she was super bored. LOL!

having only ever had Eika...she is quite willing to be trained and learn stuff...but when at puppy classes if you do not hold her attention 100% she gets bored...like when the vet nurse was doing her talking bit, all the other pups (different breeds) had fallen asleep...Eika, chewing on lead, whining, trying to run around etc etc!!!